Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Plankton

Plankton
Device / OS:
iPhone 7/ iPad Air 2
I am in complete agreement with everyone here on this thread. What made you guys at Fishlab decide to mess with a successful formula without some core player feedback... I will never know. Really dumb move to release something derivative on a main title sequel.

You could have called this Galaxy on Fire: Manticore; termed it a spin-off, and people would've said, "Hey! Great freemium shooter."
Instead you decide to market this as GOF3, when it is clearly not a Galaxy on Fire 2 sequel game. I for one was really looking
to explore an expanded GOF2 universe or better yet, a complete new universe. Don't you know WHO your core audience is??! These are Elite, Star Citizen, Escape Velocity, XRebirth, and possibly Masters of Orion sytle fans who want to experience it on mobile. It's a such huge betrayal to them when you market something that isn't even feel like 1/10 of the scale the game is supposed to be at. It's so boneheaded, it makes me wonder what market focus group persuaded you this was the way to go.
Plankton

Plankton
Device / OS:
iPhone 7/ iPad Air 2
What bone-headed Market Focus Group told you guys that your core audience for GOF3 was going to be freemium players?
Don't you know WHO your core audience is for this title? Star Citizen, Elite, Escape Velocity, Star Nomad, players who want it in mobile format. That's who. Premium players who want premium content.
You could've called this Shooter title GOF: Manticore spin-off and people would've been happier. It's such a huge marketing blunder, I don't even know what led to that decision.
Algae

Algae
Device / OS:
iPhone 6/ iOS 10
Lol this game was made by a completely different team. The devs who made GoF1&2 have moved on to RockFish. Based on this piece of crap game we can pretty much just ditch the franchise altogether since the devs of this "masterpiece" were too lazy to bother playing the earlier titles to understand why it worked like it did. The only step up is graphics and level design. Your main mistake was marketing this as a sequel when its clearly not on any level. Given that "it is", you deserve all our negative comments about this game. There is n convincing argument you can give that will make it better period.
Plankton

Plankton
Device / OS:
Samsung
I agree with you
Shrimp

Shrimp
Babak wrote:I too am very disappointed. They took the game "Deer Hunter" and improved the graphics (which I have to admit are amazing), turned it into a space shooter game. They used everything that the Deer Hunter games used to make money. Just like that game, you do the same missions over and over, get barely enough money to buy or upgrade your weapon and finally hunt the big target (in GOF case being the bosses). There is no original idea or plot. If money is what they wanted, why not just make this a app for purchase? Or just Continue GOF2 with the same map and let us continue to hunt the MOST WANTED list. I would happily pay $50-$100 to purchase the game or ships/weapons if this was an upgrade to the GOF2.

The rockets are meaningless and dont do any damage, Ship upgrades are minimal, the wingmen are more like a pest as they keep bumping you and come in front of your aim and besides giving you a boost or repair they are no good for anything else. I dont know about the rest of you, but my Laser KAT BEAM 8LR (power 510) seems to do twice the damage of Ballistic LOMA DISMANTLER SR 2 (power 1020)!!!!

Also WHY every weapon has to be a blueprint?????? only special weapons should be blueprints. Just like GOF2, There should be many weapons, rockets and gadget that the player can buy with regular gold credits. PLEASE JUST GET YOUR DATABASE OF GOF2 AND DUMP IT INTO GOF3 and you will see how your fans will be in heaven Image Image

And lastly, whats with this ironclad control you put on the game. Everything and every little change needs to be reported to the SERVER!!! If your internet connection switches from LTE to 4G or anything else during game play or fighting missions, it will simply abort your mission. I can not play more than 10 minutes without having to restart the game or to restart my phone.

I still have faith in them however. After all they are the ones behind the awesome GOF 1 & 2. So maybe they will have major improvements in the updates to come Image

The devs for gof3 are not the same as 1,2. Those guys got pushed out for fighting the f2p model. Galaxy on Fire Franchise is dead.
Shrimp

Shrimp
Look there is no point reviewing the finer points of this turd game. If it has a $100 dollar in app purchase it's going to suck. I tried it because I trust the developers of GOF2. Played for an hour before deletion. Cried in the closet. Reloaded GOF2. Did some research on steam and found out original fish labs devs. Got pushed out.
RIP Fish Labs. RIP Galaxy on Fire.

They've had two chances. GOFA and GOF3. Both suck. I'm out.