Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
OnePlus One
Android Update 1.12 Spy Drone Balancing:

Resources on android are 1/3 the rates as iOS. As a result, the availability of resources (once you subtract planet upgrades ) is very low. 1,000 spy drones is something to keep safe, simply because 500k resources are not the easiest to come by.

This new update has introduced a new method of scanning which gives percentage chance, and the maximum number of detectable units.

Results:
6,000 drones are able to detect 200 ships, even on a level ~17 scanner.

- how many drones do you want us to build? The detection of a 20,000 ship fleet, just once is 600,000 drones, the equivalent cost of 1.2Million troops.

6,300 drones can detect 4 carriers. If you want to scan an incoming attack of 250 carriers you need 400,000 drones, enough for another million troops.

This new update hasn't balanced the attacker vs. Defender, it has simply rendered all scanning arrays useless besides missions. If you are an android player, it is IMPOSSIBLE to scan fleets or others planets. Spending 500 drones on a scan (which is a LOT) results in the detection of maybe 20 ships and 3,000 troops on a planet confirmed to have 2Million troops and 9,000 ships.

I propose two different solutions:

1. Reduce the cost of producing drones by 100x. If drones cost ~5 resources each it would be reasonable to scan a minimal amount on android.

2. Increase the "Max Objects" by a very large margin, 100-500x. In this case 5,000 drones would be able to detect 70,000ships max, which us a very reasonable number considering the astronomical expense of these drones.

Obviously these numbers can be changed for iOS, where the resources are much more abundant but something needs to be done ASAP to rectify the uselessness of scanners on Android.

Thanks,

Q
Game Master

Game Master
Device / OS:
OnePlus One
I totally agree. Scanners are pretty much useless since the latest update.

I generally dislike the fact that the Android version is so different from the iOS one. It's the same with GoF2.
Plankton

Plankton
Couldn't agree with Q more...I have halted all production of spy drones. Waste of res. The idea is great to spy on incoming but the execution of this idea was pretty weak. The recommendations for a fix made by Q are much better ideas. Come on guys...fix this please.
Plankton

Plankton
I second and third this! Big problem!
Social Media Manager

Social Media Manager
Sorry for the complications, guys. The calculation of the number of the required spy drones is indeed a little faulty at the moment. We are at it and will fix it as soon as we can.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
OnePlus One
Thanks for the attention to the issue :)

I hope it solved soon!

Q
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
ios / Android
I would also like to point out that scans do not work right.

I had a incoming attack. Use close to 6k drones. Said I should of got 100% info on 6 carrier and around 300 ships.

But I got 0 info on everthing. And the attacker only had 5 carrier
Community Manager

Community Manager
Stone Tiger wrote:I would also like to point out that scans do not work right.

I had a incoming attack. Use close to 6k drones. Said I should of got 100% info on 6 carrier and around 300 ships.

But I got 0 info on everthing. And the attacker only had 5 carrier

Do you have any screenshots you could send us?
Community Manager

Community Manager
The issue with the drones has now been fixed, they should work correctly now.
Plankton

Plankton
Device / OS:
android
Okay. Keep in mind that I reallyreallyreally hate using forums. That should give some idea of how strongly I feel on this topic.

Foremost, I disagree. They are not fixed.. yes they actually show info now, but they do not show enough to be relavant. Currently (tested just a moment ago) it took us 50 drones to scan for 200 ships. It would honestly be cheaper, and faster, just to build a suicide fleet, and ram it into the target.

I still agree with the original poster, please either increase their effectiveness by a considerable margin, or lower the cost of drones.