Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Dolphin

Dolphin
Unread post Re: Last movie watched... by Trubo_XL » 15. May 2013 13:23
Hmm... Then this is definitely in my to-do-list then! xD

Not quite sure what I just done in my last 5 years not noticing Star Trek :P

This perhaps will be my first time to get in the ST topic and finally understand the whole story... Looking forward...
Community Manager

Community Manager
Device / OS:
iPhone 4S iOS5
Unread post Re: Last movie watched... by SvenH » 16. May 2013 08:39
I watched Iron Man 3 on Monday and I really liked it, but I can see why die hard fans could find it lacking something. As in all Marvel hero movies, sit through while the credits roll, it is worth it. ;) Going to watch Star Trek on the weekend and I'm really excited for it.
Game Master

Game Master
Device / OS:
iPad A2/iPhone 6 - iOS 10.3.3
Unread post Re: Last movie watched... by Shadow » 18. May 2013 20:48
The thing with Iron Man 3 is that it had a good score, and the final theme along with the presentation doesn't make you want to leave the cinema just yet.

Well, as said, I went to watch Star Trek Into Darkness. How was it? Worth the buck I paid. Was the 3D really that good? Not really... It was only a conversion and it had its scenes where it showed. I liked how Cumberbatch acted, the chemistry between some of the characters (Bones & Kirk for example) and the visual effects were pleasing. Nothing on story, you might ask? Well, the story was there. It wasn't really that good, but sure had a few small twists that made you to feel like it had the value for the money.

All in all, an enjoyable ride for the money, it had humor, story, visual effects (after all, it's a space movie), so-so acting, pretty good directing (although it had its scenes that maybe could have been better), very good audio mixing (in my opinion) and a good score (courtesy of composer Michael Giacchino).
Game Master

Game Master
Device / OS:
iPhone5 / latest (incl. betas)
Unread post Re: Last movie watched... by Idea_generator » 25. May 2013 16:38
Watched ST:ID in 4DX cinema. You know, I'm not a huge Star Trek geek but hey it was too soapy for a blockbuster. 4DX-effects was the only thing that left my feelings positive about the movie, really.
The thing with IM3 is that the new director did just [censored] me as a fan with Mandarin trick... I won't forgive or forget it.
Game Master

Game Master
Device / OS:
Unread post Re: Last movie watched... by Shadow » 25. May 2013 21:07
Regarding the Mandarin, I will not forgive or forget either. It was the dumbest thing ever. I hope they will do a good job with Avengers 2.
Community Manager

Community Manager
Device / OS:
iPhone 4S iOS5
Unread post Re: Last movie watched... by SvenH » 27. May 2013 11:47
I liked Star Trek: Into Darkness.

The plot wasn’t something fancy and it had its holes big enough to fly the enterprise through, but I really liked how they portrayed the main characters (Kirk, Spock, Uhura) and Scotty and Bones as well. The main characters change and grow and feel real. I somewhat felt that 3D wasn’t really necessary for the movie. But overall it was worth the money, it was an entertaining evening, good popcorn cinema. Nothing more, but nothing less.

I’m not a diehard Iron Man fan, so I liked what they did with the Mandarin, since I had no previous connection to that villain. But I can see how that could offend fans of the comic books or animated series. I thought it was a rather nice twist, maybe especially because it played with the viewer’s expectations. However I really liked how they incorporated the events from Avengers and Tony Starks’ character growth. I felt it was well worth watching.
Game Master

Game Master
Device / OS:
Unread post Re: Last movie watched... by Shadow » 19. June 2013 18:52
Just returned home from Man of Steel 3D. Why did I put the 3D at the end? Because if we exclude 800 theaters, mostly located in US or UK, it was a 3D release for the world. It was mostly used as the usual gimmick, rather than to make a true impact to the audience.

But enough about the rather useless 3D, let's talk about the movie itself. It is something different from what was before, and I'm talking about each and every other movie, but it's done pretty well. Its events are unfolding nicely but somewhat too predictable in many regards, although I can't deny it had its moments. I liked some of the flight scenes from Superman, but I don't want to name any of them just now. It had plenty action so in that regard you can't complain, even if its quality wasn't the greatest. Some of the characters are nicely portrayed while others are of doubtful quality.
In terms of sound, I liked Hans Zimmer's work as well as a song that plays in it.

All in all, it's a movie that you won't regret giving two and a half hours from your time thanks to the pretty good job they've done making it.
Game Master

Game Master
Device / OS:
Unread post Re: Last movie watched... by Shadow » 29. September 2013 18:57
Too bad this thread is not being more lively.

I watched a lot of films since I last posted, but obviously forgot to add them here.

Among them, I watched Pacific Rim (I recommend it for those who love quality VFX and a decent soundtrack), Now You See Me - a must see if you like movies with magic tricks and although its ending is somewhat predictable, the actors have done a pretty good job -, World War Z - for me it's kind of the biggest disappointment, topped only by Wolverine. decent acting, very weak screenwriting for a rather good novel -, The Wolverine - bad bad bad... I can't even get at the bottom of how bad it was, wasn't worth my money at all. Bad acting, bad looking chicks, bad story, lack of action, lack of anything mostly. Won't recommend it unless it's the last movie to watch.
The Internship - pretty nice done, not the best actors in the world but it did its job and it kept you on the seat not making you regret that you've given either of your time and money. Elysium - a movie that has had a lot of hype, but personally I didn't taste it as the "big movie", it was rather a sci-fi that the regular Joe would go see it (no offense). Jobs - terrible acting, bad script that didn't make me buy its story and that's too bad, as The Social Network has proven that good movies can be made. We're the Millers - probably the best comedy of the year, in my opinion. I liked it a ton, and it's the movie I would recommend to each and everyone, with no regrets. Although it had its bad moments, I believe its good and some even clever jokes were awesomely displayed for us to enjoy.

Well, these were the list of movies I remember watching.

Thor: The Dark World is probably up next, unless I find something until then (still undecided about Ender's Game).

So, what have you watched lately?
Orca

Orca
Device / OS:
iPhone 4S
Unread post Re: Last movie watched... by YangYang88 » 30. September 2013 13:57
Haven't watched much lately... I watched Oblivion a few weeks ago and I think it's pretty good. I like the storyline, though some of the acting wasn't that good and there were some illogical scenes. Overall still a pretty good movie.
I also saw Pacific Rim lately and although the story isn't that good (same 'problem' like in Transformers, too much shooting around etc.) imho, it is entertaining. ;)

Regards

YangYang88
Game Master

Game Master
Device / OS:
Unread post Re: Last movie watched... by Shadow » 5. October 2013 10:30
Well, yesterday was movie time again for me.

Went to a local cinema in my town and watched "Rush". I wasn't entirely familiar with the rivalry between Niki Lauda and James Hunt, but everyone remembers the rivalry between McLaren and Ferrari. I went knowing that I will get my share of racing and if I'm lucky some good story.

I was very pleased when, at the end of it, I found myself to had enjoyed it a lot. I don't care about reviewers, but I liked it. It had good, quality acting, the story was nicely presented and the visual effects took a background role, rather than what we're used to seeing nowadays. I felt like it was a story-first-effects-later movie, which was something that scored him extra-points from me.

Daniel Bruhl is perfect for the role and even though I first was unsure of Chris Hemsworth (otherwise known as Thor :) ), he was up for the challenge. The two had a nice chemistry for the entire movie. The soundtrack was good too, and my hope is that it will get at least a nomination for Golden Globe and Academy Award.

All in all, I recommend this for those who like biographic movies, races and Formula 1, as well as for those who want a quality movie.