Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
iPad
Unread post Re: [TECHNICAL] Known Issues by Ishmael2 » 17. July 2014 17:23
Last night [on Server 3] about 4:30 server time, I was demonstrating to a new player why he should not attack strangers. When my attacks concluded, two planets in my jump gate system had been populated by new players with only a headquarters. There was no indication of an attack and no battle reports. These planets were at level 7-8 and had carriers. The carriers were pushed to other planets. It looks like the computer selected these planets for new player colonization.

This is very Frustrating! I had started on Server 3 to avoid the mess on Server 2. I've been playing on Server 2 since it opened. At one in the morning my time I had had enough and canceled my account on Server 3.

I know Fishlab will not reactivate my account or replace the credits/resources lost building those planets. It really is too bad that Fishlab cannot get the basic mechanics of the game to work ...consistently! I'd ask for help, but my calls from Server 2 problems went unanswered.

Fishlabs - stick to what you do well. MOOGs is not one of them. Unless of course you are willing to invest the time and equipment to make it work. You are the only tech firm I've encountered without 24/7 support or that does not have completely redundant systems. On the plus side your GOF series worked wonderfully and maybe a GOF III or IV might be a better use of your resources.
Attachments:
Image 2.jpeg
no battle report
Image 1.jpeg
Planets taken
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
Iphone 5 iOS 6, Ipad Air Ios 7
Unread post Re: [TECHNICAL] Known Issues by Erwin » 17. July 2014 17:38
Actually i don't get your problem, here maybe you could explain it to me.

Colonization by new players in systems that are already occupied is annoying, agreed, but it is easily dealt with. A decent MK III red with fighter/bombers and 5ktroops or better does the job.

Sometimes it happens that carriers flee from destroyed planets and attack another (don't know why) but usually its MK I with low forces that shouldn't be a threat when the planet is minimal defended. If it is undefended anyone can take it with one fighter and a Mk I thats your problem then and a bad set up.

So what is it that makes you close your account?

Greetings

Erwin
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
iPad
Unread post Re: [TECHNICAL] Known Issues by Ishmael2 » 17. July 2014 18:18
Erwin,

There was no hostile action. The players did not attack and "take" those planets. There is no battle report of them being taken. I received no notices that the planets were under attack.

What I am saying is that it appears as though your system inadvertently selected my populated planets to set up for new players. Look into your system. I can only provide you with screen shoots at that time. You can see there are no attack warnings and no notice of the planets being conquered. Notice also the battle report covers two days. So they should have shown up as being conquered before the 4:30 server time when I took both images. I did retake the planets, there was nothing on them. If they were destroyed by those players I would have received the notice "we no longer own _____".

It's that or your battle notification and other warning software totally failed.

So if your system did this, you (Fishlab) owe me something for the lost time, credit and resources it took to build those planets. It's no much. But this is a pretty serious glitch and caused me much frustration. At a minimum you could reactivate my account to the status it was before the planet were mysteriously take.
Community Manager

Community Manager
Unread post Re: [TECHNICAL] Known Issues by Ruediger » 18. July 2014 08:35
With the maintenance we did on server 3 yesterday this shouldn't occur any longer. Thnaks for reporting.
Algae

Algae
Unread post Re: [TECHNICAL] Known Issues by Aelous » 6. August 2014 00:53
There's a problem with my GOFA loading screen. It is stuck at "Establishing lobby server session" I have waited for a while and no improvement. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game does nothing but present me the same problem. I've asked other plays that use iPad's they said the above would likely solve it. And it hasn't. Any fixes or advice?
Herring

Herring
Unread post Re: [TECHNICAL] Known Issues by Jackspeed » 23. August 2014 14:53
I have the connection issue at random times. I resolve it by turning off my Bluetooth and using my wifi connection. That solves it for me. It is not a game problem rather a apple one as the ipad gets confused and tries to use a Bluetooth connection that doesn't exist.
Herring

Herring
Unread post Re: [TECHNICAL] Known Issues by Jackspeed » 23. August 2014 14:58
I have a problem with the game hanging and not timing out when I try to send carriers on certain missions. The game requires a reboot to stop the problem then if I try to launch a carrier on that mission again it will hang again, regardless of what carrier I select for the mission.

The missions that hang are random. I have 7 scanners on 6 worlds and they all produce missions that hang. You never know which mission will hang the game till you try to send a carrier on it. Everyone in my alliance has the same problem.

Any solutions?
Community Manager

Community Manager
Unread post Re: [TECHNICAL] Known Issues by Ruediger » 25. August 2014 12:00
Jackspeed wrote:I have a problem with the game hanging and not timing out when I try to send carriers on certain missions. The game requires a reboot to stop the problem then if I try to launch a carrier on that mission again it will hang again, regardless of what carrier I select for the mission.

The missions that hang are random. I have 7 scanners on 6 worlds and they all produce missions that hang. You never know which mission will hang the game till you try to send a carrier on it. Everyone in my alliance has the same problem.

Any solutions?

We are currenty investigating this issue. Could you send me a PM with the names of the affected carriers if the issue still occurs?
Herring

Herring
Unread post Re: [TECHNICAL] Known Issues by Jackspeed » 25. August 2014 14:08
This is still happening. It is not allways the same carrier that hangs a mission. If a certain mission is hanging then ANY carrier sent on that particular mission will cause it to hang.

I THINK that it is at your end with server response time and the mission not timing out when the game on my ipad gets no response. Other queries sent to your server time out and you get a message stating that fact, useually after about 45 seconds. This doesn't happen for missions.

But that is just a guess. Oh and I'm on server 1, the place to be.

Thanks
Herring

Herring
Unread post Re: [TECHNICAL] Known Issues by Jackspeed » 25. August 2014 14:10
Oh by the way the new massively long demolition time for planets should be bypassed when attacking inactive players. If you want guys like me to clean out inactives then 4 day wait times for demolition is silly.

It's good for the rest of the time though.