Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Shrimp

Shrimp
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by Jewarkonrenais » 29. December 2015 10:46
VOID returns
Author: Jewarkonrenais gofa://1004/players/Jewarkonrenais
Server: 4
Alliances: founder of JWK , H2H and AAA
LINE id: jewarkonrenais

It was a Holy night for Earth, But it was a beginning of bloody war between VOID and whole universe!
2000 years ago,...
Attachments:
image.jpeg
Last edited by Jewarkonrenais on 3. January 2016 18:09, edited 3 times in total.
Shrimp

Shrimp
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by Jewarkonrenais » 29. December 2015 11:04
VOID returns

BLUR HISTORY
2000 years ago, Vossk Empire's scientist discovered Earth - a new green planet which was proved to have the new intelligent race - Terran. Vossk believed that Terran needs to be protected under the expansion of unknown powerfull Void.
Leaders Council of Vossk decided to send Senior Officer Yeshua to Earth to speak the words of Vossk and teach Terran about the powerfull Kingdom of Vossk.
Before becoming Vossk senior officer, Yeshua was a member of universal lawyer committee. He understood deeply the law of Vossk and also universal law. As a lawyer, Yeshua made a long time balance in universe between powerfull races and weak races. He spent all of his time to find peace solution for any rising interstella conflicts.
Yeshua was also recognized as a Master of Archaeologist when he re-structured the Muller Cluster in frontier of Shroud Nebura and made Muller to be the heart of new Vossk Empire. Mission requested that Yeshua would empower Terran and make them to be Vossk's strong ally.

MISSION 37 - S.O YESHUA TO EARTH
Vossk owns the secrect law of 37: "the answer to life, the universe and everything is 37", in sort (777:37=21=7+7+7, 666:37=18=6+6+6) that is law of vossk. And Vossk can change amino acids of Terran to basic formular of Vossk using law of 37.
Yeshua was on MK2 yellow carrier flying to Earth and sent an emergency signal to Vossk: "Under attacking by Void. Solar energy storage was destroyed. Turning to A.C mode. ETA at Earth on 2.00 25th December, local time"

After 5 minutes for discussion, leaders council decided to change to plan B and ordered Yeshua to transform to be a Terran to avoid the hunting of VOID.
"S.O Yeshua,
Turn to A.C mode and hide MK2 when you arrive earth.
Deploy molecular cloning transforming system to clone yourself to any infected Terran woman."

Yeshua knew the advantages of VOID and he knew that it would be too risky if VOID catched his messages. Without any inceptor, bomber or fighter, his carrier would be destroyed if VOID detected him.

He sent a short message back to Vossk's leaders council.
"Commanders,
Arrived! Infected Mary in Bethlehem, new Terran name: Jesus Christ. Void is searching me in nearby systems. Need to cut my time on Earth. MK2 is out of energy!"

Yeshua kept silence since his last message. Leaders Council trusted that Yeshua educate Terran about Law of Vossk and aslo spoke the Voice of Vossk.

YESHUA'S REPORT OF NEW DANGEROUS RACE
After 33 years of silence, Yeshua suddently sent an important message of his key findings on Earth:
"Commanders,
MK2 is repaired and full of enegy, I have to escape immediately. Terran is trying to kill me because they object my education about the Law of Vossk.
From my researching, Terran is a special formula of Law of 37. Their amino acid formula is perfect structured for warriors. Terran can dream and they can imagine about new knowledge in their dream. Vossk never war with Vossk, even VOID never war VOID but Terran kills Terran on Earth. I conclude that Terran will challenge VOID to be the most dangerous race in universe.
They will not need million years like Vossk to dominate the universe. They only need 2000 or 3000 years.
We need to prepare for new challenging from Terran.
End of report.
By Jesus Christ - S.O Yeshua"

VOID DESTROYER

Yeshua departed from Earth after Terran killed his Jesus Christ body. His carrier flied directly to Vossk Empire's main cluster. But he did not know that VOID detected and decoded their messages. Then VOID relocated their wormhole on Yeshua's way.

Suddentlu, Yeshua realized that he could not control his carrier. He thought he would be pulled into a misery blackhole. Emergency S.O.S signal was sent.

"S.O.S. Pulled into mass gravity. Uncontrolable"

Vossk's leaders council replied
"S.O Yeshua, you are trapped to VOID wormhole. Turn to A.C"

But it was too late, his carrier was broke into peaces.
"S.O.S ....This....i..s...Yesh.u.a...."
"S.O.S ........ "
"WOW....."

Signal lost.....

VOID RETURNS
Vossk's leaders received a message from VOID after Vossk lost signal from Yeshua
"The Voids have returned -- the war is declared.
We upgraded our technology. There is no more STUCK, ERROR or BUG. You can run, but you can not hide. We will hunt you!
Vossk and Terran will be destroyed. There will be no further warnings and the Voids are not open for negotiation.
From Jewarkonrenais, Senior Officer of The Voids [~V~]"

On Earth, people still sang a song about Holy Night!
On Vossk, people knew it was a begining of a hard time for universe.
Last edited by Jewarkonrenais on 4. January 2016 05:48, edited 1 time in total.
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by Fiery Weasel » 31. December 2015 14:02
Written by: Samuel
Alliance: "Dauntless"

Naughty or Nice

It was the day before Christmas, it was your average winter day. The weather was cold and if you listen closely to the wind it, you can barely hear it whisper your name, but before I go on and tell you more of this fascinating tale, It is my moral obligation to inform every single soul of what this story will contain. This story contains unimaginable horrors and a adventure filled with uncertainty. You all have been warned now I shall resume the story

I woke up around ‪5:00am‬ ready to start my day, eat some cereal, watch some tv but before I did, I needed to check my planets in Galaxy on Fire alliances. I grabbed my iPad and turned it on and in the corner of my eye I saw a little spark. I reacted quickly and looked over there but there was nothing, so I pressed the game. It started to load and in a blink of an eye I was standing in a large control center of some sorts. It was warm and all the objects around me were very unusual, but most unusual thing about the place was the aliens. They were like humans but had 4 arms, 4 eyes and grayish skin. Their war paint on their faces intimidated me because at first glance you can tell they were warriors, this also seemed to show their rank. When I looked at their uniforms I saw wierd writing I never saw before but for some reason i understood it, the word was "dauntless", the alliance I was in on Galaxy on Fire. I was amazed to find myself in this game, to see inside a vossk ship was a sight to see. I looked down and saw I had four hands and in one of my hands was a iPad, on the iPad I saw my fleets and that this was my carrier, I realized that I was in full control. As I walked deeper into the control center of the carrier there was a large window before me looking out into open space. It was beautiful to see, filled with colors you couldn't even imagine. The sight brought tears to my eyes as I thought how this new frontier seemed full of hope, adventure, new species, new worlds and new oppurtinities to discover. Oh how I wished all of you could see it and be in my shoes at that moment, the new ideas you will have,  and you will surely have a new outlook on life that will expand your horizon.

I looked and admired the view and was in deep thought, I was suddenly interrupted by a bulky vossk, I looked at him or I think it was a him and saw the expression on his face, he was worried. By the looks of him, he looked like a officer but I wasn't entirely sure. He started to speak "Sir, you will want to hear this. The planet that we are stationed at is under attack by an unknown force. We have 12 minutes until the attacking force arrives". My heart sunk deep in my chest after hearing that. I began to get worried myself, I never been put in a situation like this in real life until now. I looked around hoping there was something that will give me a hint on what I should do. Suddenly I realized, I still had my iPad in my hands. I stood there looked at my iPad and saw my fleets and my dedicated troops waiting for the orders to charge and fight for a cause of my choosing. I clicked my planet list, and saw the planet being under attack. The name of the planet was Wordack1. It was a barren and rocky planet that had very little stats. I was surprised to see that someone took an interest in this planet or that person just had a vendetta against me. I sent a thousand spy drones  that were on the planet that my fleets guarded. I glanced out the window to see those spy drones leaving orbit into space. It was like watching a huge flock of grey birds pass by able to temporarily blot out the light. I looked back to my iPad to see I got a spy report. There was atleast one thousand of each mk1 ship not counting the numerous freighters, the designs of these ships were very different, they were not vossk, Terran, Nevielian, or even the void but one thing was for sure this massive fleet was all armed to defeat anything that may stand before them. There was also a name, the name was Old Saint Nick.

I was surprised to see that Santa was attacking me, but then I remembered I attacked a planet called North Pole. To my horror I looked out the window with all my Vossk brethren to see a jolly fat guy with a laser gun on a sleigh with a bunch of giant robotic reindeer. Behind Old Saint Nicks sleigh was a Vast amount of ships, it was far more then I thought they had. All the ships looked like huge candy canes, yes sounds ridiculous right (well it's the truth) I yelled at the members of the crew to get back to work and they did just that. We started to load up our weapons and send in our mk2 ships. We were heavily out numbered but I still had a trick up my sleeve, we had a level 10 shield on our planet but I knew that would not hold forever. I got on my iPad and looked at the fleets stationed at the planet, I had 6 mk3 carriers all holding 250 ships. This was not even close to the amount that Old Saint Nick had but I knew we should be able to do some damage to his fleet. I looked at the time until the attack. 4.. 3.. My heart was racing full of adrenaline, 2.. 1.. 0.. The battle commenced. Hundreds upon hundreds of Santa's mk1 ships swarmed us, we all fired 1st but they were still numerous. Santa, flew in on his slay wiping out loads of my ships with his robotic reindeer and his laser gun, I began to see that we just may lose this war but the vossk ships held their ground, and after a couple hours of fighting Santa retreated with the remainder of his forces and we were victorious. All the vossk in the ship were cheering my name, I felt honored and I felt like this was a huge accomplishment but before I could celebrate I suddenly I was in my house with my iPad laying on my bed. I wondered was it a dream, or was this real. I recounted all that happened, the view of space, the battle with Santa. I looked at my iPad, to see that there was a large battle on that planet, and I also got a message from Santa.. It said, What you are getting in your stocking will make you frown, let me give you a hint it is something brown. ;)
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by Fiery Weasel » 1. January 2016 03:15
Written by: Samuel
Alliance: "Dauntless"

Naughty or Nice

It was the day before Christmas, it was your average winter day. The weather was cold and if you listen closely to the wind it, you can barely hear it whisper your name, but before I go on and tell you more of this fascinating tale, It is my moral obligation to inform every single soul of what this story will contain. This story contains unimaginable horrors and a adventure filled with uncertainty. You all have been warned now I shall resume the story

I woke up around ‪5:00am‬ ready to start my day, eat some cereal, watch some tv but before I did, I needed to check my planets in Galaxy on Fire alliances. I grabbed my iPad and turned it on and in the corner of my eye I saw a little spark. I reacted quickly and looked over there but there was nothing, so I pressed the game. It started to load and in a blink of an eye I was standing in a large control center of some sorts. It was warm and all the objects around me were very unusual, but most unusual thing about the place was the aliens. They were like humans but had 4 arms, 4 eyes and grayish skin. Their war paint on their faces intimidated me because at first glance you can tell they were warriors, this also seemed to show their rank. When I looked at their uniforms I saw wierd writing I never saw before but for some reason i understood it, the word was "dauntless", the alliance I was in on Galaxy on Fire. I was amazed to find myself in this game, to see inside a vossk ship was a sight to see. I looked down and saw I had four hands and in one of my hands was a iPad, on the iPad I saw my fleets and that this was my carrier, I realized that I was in full control. As I walked deeper into the control center of the carrier there was a large window before me looking out into open space. It was beautiful to see, filled with colors you couldn't even imagine. The sight brought tears to my eyes as I thought how this new frontier seemed full of hope, adventure, new species, new worlds and new oppurtinities to discover. Oh how I wished all of you could see it and be in my shoes at that moment, the new ideas you will have,  and you will surely have a new outlook on life that will expand your horizon.

I looked and admired the view and was in deep thought, I was suddenly interrupted by a bulky vossk, I looked at him or I think it was a him and saw the expression on his face, he was worried. By the looks of him, he looked like a officer but I wasn't entirely sure. He started to speak "Sir, you will want to hear this. The planet that we are stationed at is under attack by an unknown force. We have 12 minutes until the attacking force arrives". My heart sunk deep in my chest after hearing that. I began to get worried myself, I never been put in a situation like this in real life until now. I looked around hoping there was something that will give me a hint on what I should do. Suddenly I realized, I still had my iPad in my hands. I stood there looked at my iPad and saw my fleets and my dedicated troops waiting for the orders to charge and fight for a cause of my choosing. I clicked my planet list, and saw the planet being under attack. The name of the planet was Wordack1. It was a barren and rocky planet that had very little stats. I was surprised to see that someone took an interest in this planet or that person just had a vendetta against me. I sent a thousand spy drones  that were on the planet that my fleets guarded. I glanced out the window to see those spy drones leaving orbit into space. It was like watching a huge flock of grey birds pass by able to temporarily blot out the light. I looked back to my iPad to see I got a spy report. There was atleast one thousand of each mk1 ship not counting the numerous freighters, the designs of these ships were very different, they were not vossk, Terran, Nevielian, or even the void but one thing was for sure this massive fleet was all armed to defeat anything that may stand before them. There was also a name, the name was Old Saint Nick.

I was surprised to see that Santa was attacking me, but then I remembered I attacked a planet called North Pole. To my horror I looked out the window with all my Vossk brethren to see a jolly fat guy with a laser gun on a sleigh with a bunch of giant robotic reindeer. Behind Old Saint Nicks sleigh was a Vast amount of ships, it was far more then I thought they had. All the ships looked like huge candy canes, yes sounds ridiculous right (well it's the truth) I yelled at the members of the crew to get back to work and they did just that. We started to load up our weapons and send in our mk2 ships. We were heavily out numbered but I still had a trick up my sleeve, we had a level 10 shield on our planet but I knew that would not hold forever. I got on my iPad and looked at the fleets stationed at the planet, I had 6 mk3 carriers all holding 250 ships. This was not even close to the amount that Old Saint Nick had but I knew we should be able to do some damage to his fleet. I looked at the time until the attack. 4.. 3.. My heart was racing full of adrenaline, 2.. 1.. 0.. The battle commenced. Hundreds upon hundreds of Santa's mk1 ships swarmed us, we all fired 1st but they were still numerous. Santa, flew in on his slay wiping out loads of my ships with his robotic reindeer and his laser gun, I began to see that we just may lose this war but the vossk ships held their ground, and after a couple hours of fighting Santa retreated with the remainder of his forces and we were victorious. All the vossk in the ship were cheering my name, I felt honored and I felt like this was a huge accomplishment but before I could celebrate I suddenly I was in my house with my iPad laying on my bed. I wondered was it a dream, or was this real. I recounted all that happened, the view of space, the battle with Santa. I looked at my iPad, to see that there was a large battle on that planet, and I also got a message from Santa.. It said, What you are getting in your stocking will make you frown, let me give you a hint it is something brown. ;)
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
Android 4.1.2/ Android 4.2.2
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by Anar Esuark » 1. January 2016 16:12
---> Please, ignore this text! I've sent another text below because I thought that this text was not posted. In the other text I corrected lots of mistakes.

Void Christmas

It is the year 3657 AD. A little blue point appears behind the windscreen of the cockpit. The scanner identifies it as Eden Prime. Keith T. Maxwell, the pilot, slows down the engine. He haven't seen this images for about 20 years. The scenery awakes in Maxwell old memories of his service time at the terran navy under Admiral Smith. He is tired. Eden Prime is the destination of his long trip. Three month ago he started from Kalun Amir Station. This weary journey showed him, that he is actually too old for suchlike dangerous adventures. Somewhere in the Shroud Nebula he was ambushed by some sly outlaws. When there wouldn't come across a nivelian fleet and helped him he probably kicked the bucked. Although he counted as one of the best pilot in the known universe he wasn't accustomed to fight anymore. Younger pilots should do that. When he looks out of the cockpit the notices that the blue point is growing slowly. He passes some asteroids. In a half hour he probably will drinking a foaming beer in the space lounge. It is Christmas. But these day's most of terrans don't celebrate this antique feast anymore.
Meanwhile Keith can see the contours of continents and oceans on Eden Prime. About 1000 years ago the inhabitants left the planet. In those days the ground was contaminated by radiation, the oceans were polluted by toxic chemicals and a cloud of dust and harmful gases cloaked the sky. Lots of natural disasters exacerbated the situation dramatically. When it became almost impossible for the terran race to survive on the planet a team of scientists, architects and lots of voluntary construction workers constructed the Eden Prime Station, a big space platform in only a few month. Upon completion evacuation of the planets began. accommodations in the station were limited. Lots of terrans had to stay back at the hostile to life planet and bear the results of their millennia-long productive period. From Eden Prime Station lots of adventurous Pilots started out to explore the deeps of space and found terran colonies. But for a few years there exists the idea of the terran regime to people the planet again.
The Cronus is gliding noiseless towards the Eden Prime Station. Although this ship is already some years old it is in good nick. It were grown on Maxwell in all this years. He amalgamates lots of memories with his ship. A Grey named Khador, a scientist and friend of Keith gave it him. Smoothly autopilot is docking on Platform M23. Keith T. Maxwell gets out of the Cronus and takes a taxicab that brings him from hangar to space lounge. decorated Christmassy. It's been a long time since Keith saw Christmas decoration last time. In other parts of galaxy Christmas is forgotten by almost all terrans long ago. Eden Prime is the only place Maxwell knows where Christmas is an official holiday.
Precisely when Keith wanted to order a drink at the bar he saw Carla Paolini. He hardly believes his eyes. She sat on a bar stool four bar tables over. Keith has a guilty conscience about Carla. He dumped her because he chose to go on a binge over a life together with Carla in a snuggery with curtains and whathaveyou. She was really sad about this. But He was still young. He wanted to live his adventure and to explore the galaxy. But now he is is grown older like all other people. When he thinks about a snug life today it would pleases him yet. The spirit of adventure is almost faded away in Maxwell. He deliberates weather he should go to Carla and talk with her. Meanwhile she is also advanced in age but she is still very handsome Keith thinks. But what, when Carla still is miffed about things that happened in the past? 'Nonsense!', he thinks. 'It is about twenty years ago now.' Keith walks up to her bar table and sat down beside her. She is really surprised to meet him. Carla tells him that she analyses the planetary surface by order of the research hub Deep Science for three years. She has to find out weather the planet regained so that the terrans can populate Eden Prime again. "Can I buy you a drink?", Keith asked her. "Why not? Today I have enough time anyway because I have Christmas holiday", Carla assents.
Suddenly a shrill alarm sound disrupts the relaxed atmosphere in the space lounge. Immediately everyone in the station knows that the alarm refers to Void attacks. A panic brakes out. The Voids are very aggressive technical superior aliens which try to gain ascendancy over the whole galaxy. Although Keith T. Maxwell destroyed their mother ship long ago it came to repetitive Void attacks on carrier, ships and even stations recently. A small fleet of terran fighters try to withstand the attack, but for vain. every few minutes there is exploding a terran ship. The crew of the station tries to call on the crowds to keep calm. The masses flock into the panic rooms of the station. Keith proposes Carla to help the terran pilots to fight the Voids. She is not very happy with his idea. "It's too dangerous for you!", she tries to talk Keith out of leaving the Station. - "When nobody beat the Voids they will blow up the whole station after they have shot down the terran ships", he explains. Carla swallows. "You are right. I won't withhold you no longer. But please come back in one piece!" - "I will do my best." He seemed very confident towards Carla but but actually he feels insecure. He isn't sure weather he is risen to this challenge. There are always mounted an Icarus Heavy A5 Scatter gun and an MG A4 "Raccoon" Laser on Maxwells ship. Those weapons are the best ones he could buy for credits. Although the Cronus is not designed for military aims, Maxwell already fought hard battles with this ship. He is feeling how the blood of a bold pilot is running through his veins. He is ready to fight.
The Cronus leaves the space platform.There are more Voids than Maxwell expected. They haven't detected him yet. He activates the U'tool, an efficient cloak by Vossk production. The pilot targets one of the violet gleaming Void ship and opens the fire. The MG A4 has a low firing rate but in return it does the highest damage of all known weapons. The Icarus can score with a high range. After less than a half minute the first ship is eliminated. Nevertheless there are still about 20 other ships to destroy. Only a handful terran ships left over. The cloak is charging now and the Voids detected Maxwells ship. Immediately the violet glinting Void lasers are hitting the Cronus. Another Void fighter explodes. The cloak is charged by this time. The pilot activates it. Shortly he will be invisible for the Voids. Maxwell sees only three extant terran ships on his radar yet. He shoots down another void ship. Beads of sweat are on his forehead. His head is full of adrenaline. During the Raccoon is giving a Void his finishing blow the effect of the U'tool ceases. The cloak has to charge again. Around a dozen Void ships are firing on Maxwells ship at once. This is too much for the Cronus. The shields are almost down. The strength of the armor also wanes fast. The hits damages the ships hull now. A Void ship disappears off the radar. The hull of Maxwells ship is almost down. He activates the Polytron Boost and escapes. There isn't left a single terran ship. When Keith wouldn't move against the Void fighters they would try to attack the station. He doesn't knows how long the station will withstand the laser laser guns of the Voids and he doesn't want to find it out. The repair bot repaired armor and hull almost completely. Keith T. Maxwell turns his ship towards the Station. Owing to the high range of the Icarus scatter gun he hits the Void ships from far away, before they could hit him. He slows down. There are only four Voids left. He thinks he will beat them hands down and approaches the Void ships. One of them is already smoldering. Only two or three shots and this ship will be history. Finally the Viod fighter explodes. Still three Voids are to eliminate. The pilot notices too late that he is attacked from behind. An alert signal sounds in Maxwells ship. He realizes that he exaggerated opinion of himself. He activates the boost again and tries to escape. The emergency system activates by itself. The Pilot knows how critical this situation is for himself. He has to take care that the Voids don't hits his ship again. One hit could explode the ship. He has to duck the Void lasers until the repair bot repaired the hull and the armor of the ship to the point that the Cronus is ready to fight again. When he get out of range of the Void lasers he reminds that he still has an ace in the whole. In case that he gets in situations like this one he has mounted three Liberator's on his ship. This deadly missile can be controlled after being fired. It also has a very high range. One missile could destroy a Void ship at a single blow. But he shouldn't waste them because they are really expensive to produce. He launches the first missile and guides it into a Void fighter. An immense explosion concusses the orbit. Two Voids left. They are flying very close to each other. He could try to eliminate both fighters at once. Maxwell guides the second missile between the Void ships and sparks of the explosion. A nasty bang, then everything is quiet. He made it. Wreckage of Void ships and terran fighters are scattered everywhere around the Eden Prime Station. Maxwell pilots the ship towards the space platform. He beat his enemies almost single-handed. 'Just as in olden days', Maxwell thinks. The autopilot is parking the Cronus on a platform.
In the space lounge Carla already awaits him."Keith! How good to see you! It was very dangerous for you." - "As it is I survived. Hey, lets have a drink!" In the background plays Christmas music and the whole station is aflame by the Christmas lighting.

by Anar Esuark
(Please read my text below!)
PS.: Please excuse my English, my native language is German :wink:
Last edited by Anar Esuark on 2. January 2016 12:13, edited 3 times in total.
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by cassidy » 1. January 2016 17:12
Hello fishlabs! First of all, thanks for finally making a contest were everybody can win. Here's my little poem about how fishlabs was founded, I hope you like it!

A long time ago, in the year 2004,
A man heard a noise from his front door.
He started to frighten, it could be a thief,
But then he remembered: it was Chrismas Eve.
He ran to his porch with hopes like a child,
"Maybe it's Santa!" he thought with a smile.
But it came even better: it was Christian Lohr,
A young man with dreams of his place in the App Store.
"Hi there! I'm Chris, you must be Micheal?"
He said while he hopped off his motorcycle.
"Yeah, that's me, what do you need me for?"
"Actually, i only need those programming skills of yours"

Now these two fellows stayed friends for a long time after they met,
And together they made add-Games for the internet.
A few months later, they were both typing at their computers,
When three wise men came by on electrical scooters.
An ancient Vossk was the first to come in,
He brought as a present an old bottle of gin.
Then came a nirvelian from Magentar,
He gave the two devs an encyclopedia.
Now last but not least a old terran stepped into the door,
bringing with him what both men had long hoped for:
It was a gift of an rather unusual kind,
For it was no more than a piece of mind.
"Don't make add-Games no more" , the terran man spoke,
"But make a series of games wich will be your masterstroke"
So using the power of all the gifts together,
They set of to make games that would be played until forever.

Thus was story of how fishlabs was made,
Even though Chris and Micheal did not stay.
Let's hope that their games remain fun anyway,
As for me: I'll continue to stare into my screen and play!
THE END
Shrimp

Shrimp
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by GAMEHUNTER » 2. January 2016 09:50
"Captain,Nivelian republic sent a global request ,their capital is under ........"a terran officer said.
"Captain,Vossk Empire's messenger apply for a talk"The terran First class said.
"Captain,our transport team is under attacking ,their last report is about a Wormhole appeared and a lot of purple carriers arrived...."a officer reported
"Captain,we received a message from Voids"
"Show it to me"Captain Brent Snocom said.
~~"Merry Killsmas ,Terrans"~~

A huge pink wormhole appear in front of Claymore the carrier ,a vast of purple ships appear ,just one second....Claymore turn in pieces ....

"Emperor,we revived some crystals from the last fight ,what should we do against them"a vossk officer asked.
"Give them to terrans ,i remember a legendary pilot call keith visited voids and he is terran ,they know more than us"

~~~one day later~~~

"Captain !These crystals are special ,that allow us to build void carriers ,fastest ,largest,strongest carriers in the Nova Nebula"
"Great !Tell Nivelian Republic and Vessk Empire,we must find more crystals and gather a large void carriers group against Voids ,use what they proud of to destroy them !"

~~~ 4 days later ~~~

"Captain ,for now ,the "NNB(Nova Nebula Battleline ,formed by Terrans Vessks ,Nivelians ,for protect Nova Nebula from Voids )can only gather around 505 Void Carriers ,our elder thinks it is not enough to attack voids ......”
"Agreed ,but we can defense!with our capital ,"Terran Star"the strongest planet defense in Nova Nebula and we need to plan....how to make Voids' main force get in our trap......."

~~~1days later~~~

"Voids is coming ,Pan (a system)just looted by Voids and they're coming forward to The capital ,3hrs52mins10seconds later ,the NNB is ready for fight ,we must win !"

~~~~~~~~~~~
A giant pink wormhole appear....that is the most pretty thing i have been seen but also the nost horrible thing i know......
The first wave ,as,usual voids sent 50 carriers as scout the NNB didnt used the void carriers ,they used their mklll and gave them a punch....
The main force appeared at least 1k void carriers with 800k void ships arrive they clashed most of the NNB mklll carriers ,NNB retreat .....of course that is the trap ....
3.....2.....1......ATTACK !They are in Terran Star's area now !
The NNB void carriers arrived ,they striked Void in different sides ...although voids' ships more than NNB , the void carriers owned by NNB scared void and Terran Star 's power.....voids started losing and losing ....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Captain we got a message from voids: ".....Nebula members.....u.stole our technology ,u didnt win ,we just lost to our own technology,our carriers....we didnt lost....we will fight back......"
The pink wormhole became smaller and smaller....finally disappear ...."Victory?We won Voids ?We....we made the history !We dont need to afaid voids anymore !"
But as everyone know ,Nova Nebula never peace......Terrans Vessks Nivelians started collect crystals from the battlefield....for the strong voids carriers.....for their country......for the other war......The NNB is no more ......but the war is still here.....

Merry Killsmas and have a happy new year !
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
Android 4.1.2/ Android 4.2.2
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by Anar Esuark » 2. January 2016 11:38
Void Christmas
It is the year 3657 AD. A little blue point appears behind the windscreen of the cockpit. The scanner identifies it as Eden Prime. Keith T. Maxwell, the pilot, slows down the engine. He haven't seen this images for about 20 years. The scenery awakes in Maxwell old memories of his service time at the terran navy under Admiral Smith. He is tired. Eden Prime is the destination of his long trip. Three month ago he started from Kalun Amir Station. This weary journey showed him, that he is actually too old for suchlike dangerous adventures. Somewhere in the Shroud Nebula he was ambushed by some sly outlaws. When there wouldn't come across a nivelian fleet and helped him he probably kicked the bucked. Although he counted as one of the best pilot in the known universe he wasn't accustomed to fight anymore. Younger pilots should do that. When he looks out of the cockpit the notices that the blue point is growing slowly. He passes some asteroids. In a half hour he probably will drinking a foaming beer in the space lounge. It is Christmas. But these day's most of terrans don't celebrate this antique feast anymore.
Meanwhile Keith can see the contours of continents and oceans on Eden Prime. About 1000 years ago the inhabitants left the planet. In those days the ground was contaminated by radiation, the oceans were polluted by toxic chemicals and a cloud of dust and harmful gases cloaked the sky. Lots of natural disasters exacerbated the situation dramatically. When it became almost impossible for the terran race to survive on the planet a team of scientists, architects and lots of voluntary construction workers constructed the Eden Prime Station, a big space platform in only a few month. Upon completion evacuation of the planets began. accommodations in the station were limited. Lots of terrans had to stay back at the hostile to life planet and bear the results of their millennia-long productive period. From Eden Prime Station lots of adventurous Pilots started out to explore the deeps of space and found terran colonies. But for a few years there exists the idea of the terran regime to people the planet again.
The Cronus is gliding noiseless towards the Eden Prime Station. Although this ship is already some years old it is in good nick. It were grown on Maxwell in all this years. He amalgamates lots of memories with his ship. A Grey named Khador, a scientist and friend of Keith gave it him. Smoothly autopilot is docking on platform M23. Keith T. Maxwell gets out of the Cronus and takes a taxicab that brings him from hangar to space lounge. The whole station is decorated Christmassy. It's been a long time since Keith saw Christmas decoration last time. In other parts of galaxy Christmas is forgotten by almost all terrans long ago. Eden Prime is the only place Maxwell knows where Christmas is an official holiday.
Precisely when Keith wanted to order a drink at the bar he saw Carla Paolini. He hardly believes his eyes. She sat on a bar stool four bar tables over. Keith has a guilty conscience about Carla. He dumped her because he chose to go on a binge over a life together with Carla in a snuggery with curtains and whathaveyou. She was really sad about this. But He was still young. He wanted to live his adventure and to explore the galaxy. But now he is is grown older like all other people. When he thinks about a snug life today it would pleases him yet. The spirit of adventure is almost faded away in Maxwell. He deliberates weather he should go to Carla and talk with her. Meanwhile she is also advanced in age but she is still very handsome Keith thinks. But what, when Carla still is miffed about things that happened in the past? 'Nonsense!', he thinks. 'It is about twenty years ago now.' Keith walks up to her bar table and sat down beside her. She is really surprised to meet him. Carla tells him that she analyses the planetary surface by order of the research hub Deep Science for three years. She has to find out weather the planet regained so that the terrans can populate Eden Prime again. "Can I buy you a drink?", Keith asked her. "Why not? Today I have enough time anyway because I have Christmas holiday", Carla assents.
Suddenly a shrill alarm sound disrupts the relaxed atmosphere in the space lounge. Immediately everyone in the station knows that the alarm refers to Void attacks. A panic brakes out. The Voids are very aggressive technical superior aliens which try to gain ascendancy over the whole galaxy. Although Keith T. Maxwell destroyed their mother ship long ago it came to repetitive Void attacks on carrier, ships and even stations recently. A small fleet of terran fighters try to withstand the attack, but for vain. every few minutes there is exploding a terran ship. The crew of the station tries to call on the crowds to keep calm. The masses flock into the panic rooms of the station. Keith proposes Carla to help the terran pilots to fight the Voids. She is not very happy with his idea. "It's too dangerous for you!", she tries to talk Keith out of leaving the Station. - "When nobody beat the Voids they will blow up the whole station after they have shot down the terran ships", he explains. Carla swallows. "You are right. I won't withhold you no longer. But please come back in one piece!" - "I will do my best." He seemed very confident towards Carla but but actually he feels insecure. He isn't sure weather he is risen to this challenge. There are always mounted an Icarus Heavy A5 Scatter gun and an MG A4 "Raccoon" Laser on Maxwells ship. Those weapons are the best ones he could buy for credits. Although the Cronus is not designed for military aims, Maxwell already fought hard battles with this ship. He is feeling how the blood of a bold pilot is running through his veins. He is ready to fight.
The Cronus leaves the space platform.There are more Voids than Maxwell expected. They haven't detected him yet. He activates the U'tool, an efficient cloak by Vossk production. The pilot targets one of the violet gleaming Void ship and opens the fire. The MG A4 has a low firing rate but in return it does the highest damage of all known weapons. The Icarus can score with a high range. After less than a half minute the first ship is eliminated. Nevertheless there are still about 20 other ships to destroy. Only a handful terran ships left over. The cloak is charging now and the Voids detected Maxwells ship. Immediately the violet glinting Void lasers are hitting the Cronus. Another Void fighter explodes. The cloak is charged by this time. The pilot activates it. Shortly he will be invisible for the Voids. Maxwell sees only three extant terran ships on his radar yet. He shoots down another void ship. Beads of sweat are on his forehead. His head is full of adrenaline. During the Raccoon is giving a Void his finishing blow the effect of the U'tool ceases. The cloak has to charge again. Around a dozen Void ships are firing on Maxwells ship at once. This is too much for the Cronus. The shields are almost down. The strength of the armor also wanes fast. The hits damages the ships hull now. A Void ship disappears off the radar. The hull of Maxwells ship is almost down. He activates the Polytron Boost and escapes. There isn't left a single terran ship. When Keith wouldn't move against the Void fighters they would try to attack the station. He doesn't knows how long the station will withstand the laser laser guns of the Voids and he doesn't want to find it out. The repair bot repaired armor and hull almost completely. Keith T. Maxwell turns his ship towards the Station. Owing to the high range of the Icarus scatter gun he hits the Void ships from far away, before they could hit him. He slows down. There are only four Voids left. He thinks he will beat them hands down and approaches the Void ships. One of them is already smoldering. Only two or three shots and this ship will be history. Finally the Viod fighter explodes. Still three Voids are to eliminate. The pilot notices too late that he is attacked from behind. An alert signal sounds in Maxwells ship. He realizes that he exaggerated opinion of himself. He activates the boost again and tries to escape. The emergency system activates by itself. The Pilot knows how critical this situation is for himself. He has to take care that the Voids don't hits his ship again. One hit could explode the ship. He has to duck the Void lasers until the repair bot repaired hull and armor of the ship to the point that the Cronus is ready to fight again. When he get out of range of the Void lasers he reminds that he still has an ace in the whole. In case that he gets in situations like this one he has mounted three Liberator's on his ship. This deadly missile can be controlled after being fired. It also has a very high range. One missile could destroy a Void ship at a single blow. But he shouldn't waste them because they are really expensive to produce. He launches the first missile and guides it into a Void fighter. An immense explosion concusses the orbit. Two Voids left. They are flying very close to each other. He could try to eliminate both fighters at once. Maxwell guides the second Liberator between the Void ships and sparks of the explosion. A nasty bang, then everything is quiet. He made it. Wreckage of Void ships and terran fighters are scattered everywhere around the Eden Prime Station. Maxwell pilots the ship towards the space platform. He beat his enemies almost single-handed. 'Just as in olden days', Maxwell thinks. The autopilot is parking the Cronus on a platform.
In the space lounge Carla already awaits him."Keith! How good to see you! It was very dangerous for you." - "As it is I survived. Hey, lets have a drink!" In the background plays Christmas music and the whole station is aflame by the Christmas lighting.
by Anar Esuark (Server W3A "Crescent")
gofa://2003/players/Anar%20Esuark
PS.: Please excuse my English, my native language is German :wink:
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by Ravenhaust » 2. January 2016 14:08
THE PRISONER

"Send word to the emperor, we have captured the Terran."
The Vossk General stood at the helm of his battle cruiser, rigid, tall, and straight, a reminder to all Vossk on his ship to strive to be like him.
He watched on the vid-screen the tractor beam haul in the small craft.
"Comm's girl! Open a channel to security"
"Yes sir"
"Sikant here!"sounding bored
"Take some soldiers to the shuttle bay, secure that prisoner and put him in a cell"
"What if he resists, can we kill him?"sounding more awake and enthusiastic
The General didn't blame them for being keen, the Vossk-Terran campaign had come to a sudden halt. A new enemy had attacked both sides and they were the Void. A temporary truce was called and a small alliance was formed to battle this new threat. After their Vossk war commander was lost destroying the Void, the truce had continued but every now again there was the odd skirmish.
Oh how he wanted to fight and feel the glory of battle again, but no, here they were sneaking through Terran space like pirates, on a oh so special assignment for the emperor.
"Comm's girl! Vid-screen, shuttle bay, now!"
"Yes sir"
There he stood, watching the screen, the figure of Sikant arriving with a dozen soldiers he split up the group, leaving three at the entrance, sent the other three upto the next level.
The rest fell into flanking positions and waited. The tractor beam continued to haul in the craft, the General muttered under his breath "What happened to the animals that were harnessed to the contraption?"
"Comm's girl! scan for bio-logicals outside this ship!
"Ah um sir there is nothing out there"
The tractor beam landed the craft and when it switched off so too did the Vid-screens on the bridge.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Sikant U'Rggo and his team had surrounded the craft, their weapons raised, they approached cautiously. There was no door or screen to look through, no engine no exhaust port, it was just some kind of ancient vehicle.
" Hello boys " the voice was cherry, deep and almost jolly
Sikant peered over the top of the craft, and beaming back at him was an elderly Terran and at that moment a peaceful warm feeling overcame him.
And for the first time in his career, the soldier lowered his weapon.
"Come with me H'Belam" Sikant offered his arm out "You are now a prisoner of the Vossk emperor"recited line
"You don't sounding very convincing, Ho! ho!" the Terran joked "pah! prisoner smishner, Merry Christmas Guys!"and gave a thumbs up with a wink
"Now, be a good lad and step to the side" the Terran ignored the offered arm and leapt over the side landing perfectly on his feet
The other soldiers had also lowered their weapons they too were affected by him, they had heard Sikant call this Terran "H'Belam" and whispered amongst themselves.
There he stood, his hands on his hips black boots, red pants, red coat with white trimmings, a great white beard sporting from his face. Sikant noticed, it seemed to be platted.
" Well, this is damn fine ship, i must say" he looked at Sikant "and the platts?, thats the missus idea, says to keep up with the modern world"
"Bwuh HA HA Ho ho Ho!"he laughed rather loud and sucked in deeply "MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY HO HO HO!"his voice boomed throughout the bay
"Okay boys let's go, take me to your leader" he said "i have always wanted to say that! HAH!! Ho ho ho ho ho" and off he marched
Sikant and his soldiers filed in behind. The soldiers had not missed the reverence and significance of the name " H'Belam " In Terran, it meant "Father"

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

"Get the Vid-screen up" yelled the General
"Yes General" a few clicks "we haven't lost anything sir"
The Comm's girl fought back her tears, she was new here, in fact she was the only female approved by the emperor to be on board. She came from the emperors own premier spawn pool, she remembered her training
"General, according to all scans everything is fine"
"So what's going on?" he snarled
"Well according to the data, there is an unknown entity on board the ship sir"
on cue, the bridge doors opened wide.
"Merry Merry Christmas" he bellowed and waltz on in
A soothing wave hit the bridge, the General calmed immediately and stood to attention, the comm's girl relaxed and a single teardrop of her eye.
"Ahh lass" he walked over to her "a gift for me?" smiling, he reached out and caught the teardrop on his finger
"Rare are teardrops of joy " he lifted his finger and blew. It shattered into millions floating into the air like little lights in the sky.
He turned to the General "Pharr'toosh, you've been a good boy this year"
"I am General Pharr'toosh, soon to be commandOOOoooofff" The Terran had walked over and given Pharr'toosh a hearty slap on the back
"Can't chit chat all night son, got work to do Hah! Merry Christmas everyone! gifts in the cargo bay" and off he went
General Pharr'toosh was still trying to catch his breath.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

A new emperor had been appointed and this one felt it was an unnecessary waste of a valuable resource and time, General Pharr'toosh was ordered back to the Vossk homeworld.
The emperor had also decided the mission was a failure and the General's rank never changed.
The emperor had reversed the decision to allow females on ships, so the comm's girl was forced back to the spawn pools as one of the emperors mate.
The comm's girl received a gift in the form of a perfect teardrop
Sikant U'Rggo was ranked to Captain, and commands his own N'Tirrk
To this day no one can clearly recall the event that happened on the battle cruiser, but everyone can describe the Terran in the red suit.

The General received a memorable gift, it sits in the middle of the battle cruisers deck
"What the heck is this ?"he asked himself
suddenly, without warning, a great booming voice
"IT'S A CHRISTMAS TREE, ME BOY A CHRISTMAS TREEEEEEE!"
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by Nezbit » 3. January 2016 04:39
Desperate Delivery

Author: Mrs Nezbit
Server 1
Alliance: Union of Miners (UOM)

Captain Raymond Nichols of the carrier Pegasus, stared in dismay at the carrier’s comm screen. His knuckles whitened as he clenched his fist. It had been a long campaign fighting the Voids. Too long. And now, when he was so close to getting back to Endarta, his home, to seeing his wife and daughter, he was faced with this.

The message fuzzed out and disappeared, before it started back from the beginning. A recording. There was dead silence around the bridge, until Wick, the carrier’s navigation officer, spoke up.
“Every carrier in the fleet is receiving the same message sir.” Wick paused for a moment, then his voice lowered.
“I’m so sorry.”

During the Terran campaign against the Voids, a mysterious plague had broken out. It infected world after world, system after system. Seeming to coincide somehow with the new Void threat, the Pox had been quick, and ruthless. Whole populations had perished as a result of the Pox. In desperate haste, a cure had been developed, a vaccine, and the bulk of Terran battle fleets had been called back to help distribute it.

Nichols had been angry at first, when his commander had given the order to pull their carriers away from the void system, to distribute the vaccine. But then the fleet had received a message that Endarta had fallen prey to the Pox, and his attitude changed shamelessly. He remembered the first message he had received from his daughter, Lucy. She had mentioned that her mother, Raymond’s wife Sarah, had fallen ill. At seven years of age, she lacked the words to describe the Pox, other than the “ugly black spots” that had appeared on her mother’s arms, then her neck and face. His little girl was worried, and he was coming home. He had prayed that they would make it home in time, with the all-important vaccine.

Raymond’s fleet, under Commander Sul, had entered the Endarta system only hours ago. Raymond’s first order had been to place a video call to his wife and daughter. Lucy had picked up, apparently Sarah was too ill. She was overjoyed to see her daddy, back from fighting the Voids. But she lacked her usual energy, her joy. There was fear in her eyes, but there was worse than that. There were dark patches beginning on her neck.

“Sweetheart.” Raymond began as he stifled his anguish. He tried to put on a brave face.
“It’s good to see you. I know you’re worried about Mum, but everything will be okay.”
“Will you be back for Christmas Daddy?”
Raymond smiled at that.
“Of course. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”
“Will Mum get better soon? She’s in hospital and I’m worried. Aunt Letty is looking after me, but I miss Mum.”
“Have you written her a card?”
“Yep.”
Tears sprang into Raymond’s eyes as his little girl held up the card she had made herself. It was covered in her neatest writing, which was still barely legible.
“It’s beautiful Lucy. Your mother will love it. I’ll be home soon, definitely before Christmas. I’m sure your mother will be feeling better soon. I think your card will help.” He smiled at the screen, then frowned. Static flickered over his daughter’s face. The signal began to fade in and out. “Wick?” Raymond called.
“What’s going on? Solar flare?”
“No sir.” Wick called back from across the bridge. Then another officer spoke up. “Captain Nichols sir. We’re receiving an incoming transmission.”

At that moment, Lucy’s face had been replaced with that of a Vossk. Raymond had only had a few dealings with the Vossk before, few of them pleasant. This particular Vossk was battle scarred and bulky. All four of its eyes gleamed with hatred and contempt. The decorations pinned across its tattered uniform proclaimed him to be a commander.
The Vossk General barked away on the screen, its jaws slathering. The comm translated to Terran.
“We know the dire situation facing Endarta. We know the disease has struck the planet hard. We have blockaded the planet. All we ask is for you to pay an appropriate toll to be allowed to make your delivery.” The thing’s jaws twisted into a cruel smile.

Stunned silence followed. Wick cleared his throat but said nothing. In a moment, the image of the Vossk outlaw general minimised on screen and was replaced by General Sul, the fleet commander. Her face, stern and sharp on the best of days, was steely fury.
“You all heard what the Vossk commander said. The outlaws won't lift the blockade unless we buy them off with credits.”
There was a pause as the general collected herself and breathed deeply.
“The Terran Government will not pay them. We do not negotiate with outlaws. We need to wait until reinforcements arrive, then we will wipe out every last one of them. Sul out.” She disappeared from the comm screen, and Nichols was left with only the Vossk outlaw general, on a loop demanding credits.
“No.” Raymond breathed to himself as he was struck by an image of his wife, dying of Pox on the planet below, and unable to receive aid. Then he repeated himself, louder, so that all the officers on the bridge heard him.
“No!” He bellowed. He ran a hand slick with sweat through his hair, before he pointed at his Comm officer.
“Get Sul back on the line now! We can’t just sit here and wait.”
“Yes sir,” The comm officer replied with only a flicker of apprehension. In a moment Sul’s face was back on the screen, looking impatient. He was crazy to be doing this. To question the orders given by a commander was an offence for which one could be court marshalled. He had been decorated and promoted for acts of heroism while fighting the Voids, but that did not give him the right to second-guess his commander. Still, his wife and daughter were down on the planet. He wouldn't sit idly by and let the Pox kill them.
“You wanted to speak with me Captain Nichols?” His commander paused for a moment, and then smiled briefly.
“Let me again extend my congratulations and thanks for your service against the Voids.”
“Thank you Ma’am.” Raymond paused.
“Ma’am, about the message we just received. We can’t seriously be waiting for backup. Not when the disease is already rampant amongst the population. Couldn't we strike out against the outlaws?” His commander became firm.
“Our scanners have reported that their interceptors alone outnumber our ships. There are too many of them for us to consider engaging them in battle until we are reinforced. And if we did, things might get worse for the planet. The Vossk might bomb the planet in retaliation.”
Raymond shook his head, though couldn’t’ believe that he was disagreeing with his commander.
“Ma’am I don’t think they would bomb the planet. Endarta’s planetary defences are extremely high." Commander Sul frowned at him.
“How do you know that Captain Nichols?”
“Ma’am, Endarta is my home planet.”
Sul softened. She even chewed her lower lip. In two campaigns, Raymond had never seen his commander show any sort of emotion.
“Oh Raymond. I’m so sorry. Do you know if your family are alright?” There was genuine feeling in her voice. Raymond’s eyes blurred with tears, but he kept his voice steady.
“I have had word, ma’am. My wife was hospitalised with the Pox six days ago. And my daughter –“ Then his voice did tremble. “My daughter seemed to show symptoms of it on her last vid comm."
On the screen, Sul put a hand to her mouth.
“Raymond. I had no idea. I’m sorry.” She breathed deeply.
“I’m truly sorry, but there’s nothing we can do. We’d be slaughtered if we tried to fight the blockade. We just need to wait for the rest of Terran fleet to deal with these outlaws.”
“How long will they be commander?”
“Raymond, they need to come from several systems away –“
“How long? Tell me!” Raymond couldn't keep himself from shouting. Around the bridge there were gasps. Nobody shouted at the commander. But Sul only looked apologetic, not angry.
“Ten days at least.”
Raymond felt as if something was choking him. He struggled to breathe. After a moment, he did manage to find his voice again. It came out in a croak, barely a whisper.
“Ma’am. You know that once a person shows signs of the Pox, they have no more than two weeks to take the vaccine before they… die?” The last word grated in his throat.
“Yes Captain. I know. I’m so sorry. But there’s no other way. They have us outnumbered.”
She paused. “I will send the fleet’s counsellor to speak with you during this difficult time. Again, Captain Raymond Nichols, Terra thanks you for your valiant contribution. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do.”
Sul didn’t wait for a reply, which was good, because Raymond didn’t intend to give one.
“Wick?” Raymond called across the bridge.
“Yes sir?”
“I can’t do this. I can’t stand by and wait for my family to die of a disease, when I’m waiting so close with the cure carried by my own damned fleet.”
The tears fell from his eyes, and his voice tightened.
“It’s not fair.”
“I know sir.”
“It’s not fair, Wick.”
“I know sir.” The young man repeated, before he strode over and put a hand to Raymond’s shoulder. Raymond didn’t turn to look. In the battles against the Voids, Wick’s quick thinking had gotten the Pegasus out of some difficult situations. He had been just as deserving of recognition and praise as Nichols had. Furthermore, he had become Raymond’s friend. But right now, Nichols only wanted to be alone. He couldn’t even call his daughter back on the comm. He knew he would break down in tears, and that would only upset the girl.
“If you need me Wick, I’ll be in the engine room.”
Raymond turned and left.

Raymond sat alone in the engine room, watching the turbines rotate in their yellow glow. The engineers had left him alone in the enormous room. He sometimes came in here to think. He found the dull drone of the engines soothing. The yellow glow was new too – since he had been promoted, his carrier, the Pegasus, had been given an upgrade befitting a war hero. Raymond absently held his hand up towards the turbines and watched the shadow it cast on the opposite wall. Lucy loved watching him make shadow puppets. Her favourites were the reindeer he would make at Christmas time. She would laugh and giggle when he would hold a torch in his teeth, so he could shine a bright nose onto the reindeer shadow, and she would sing a song to go with the shadow puppet. He found himself starting to weep once more at the thought that he might never see his daughter in person again. Raymond tried to keep his mind preoccupied, and so started to make different shadow puppets. He made an old lady, then a number of traditional Terran creatures. He made a bird, then he made a wolf, then a rabbit. They really were very good. He also made a starship – that had been another of Lucy’s favourites. She said that one day, she wanted to grow up to be a famous pilot like him. He raced his shadow puppet space-carrier around the room, zooming the shadow faster and faster, the way that Lucy used to love. Then Raymond stopped, but not with sadness this time. He snapped his fingers with excitement.
“Yes.” He breathed to himself. Then he turned and sprinted for the bridge.

“Get Sul on the line!” Raymond shouted at his Comm officer. For once his comm officer looked startled, and she hesitated a moment. Clearly, she thought that the captain must be grief stricken – maybe that he was losing his wits.
“Sir?” She asked.
“Get Sul on the line now!” He yelled at her, but it was with excitement, not anger. She moved to respond. Wick came over to Raymond, eyeing him carefully.
“Is everything alright Captain?”
“I think so. I have an idea.”
“What-?”
“Just wait. Hold on.”
Commander Sul appeared on the screen.
“Captain Nichols.” She began, her voice heavy with sympathy.
“Is everything alright?”
“Fine ma’am. Commander, I have an idea for how we can defeat the Vossk outlaws.”
Sul looked cautious.
“Captain Nichols, I’m very sorry for your wife and daughter. But as I said before, we are outnumbered by the Vossk. We can’t hope to defeat them yet. To attack them before our reinforcements arrive would be suicide.”
“To attack them, yes. But I say we don’t attack them. All we need is our vessels to stage an attack, to look like they are going to fight.” Raymond heard his voice rise with excitement, but he couldn’t help it.
“Ma’am, almost all of our vessels have been upgraded with red and blue artifacts. We are a battle fleet. And I bet the same is true for the Vossk Carriers.” Sul nodded curtly.
“But not the Pegasus.” Raymond continued, his excitement continuing to mount.
“I had my ship upgraded with yellow artifacts. It’s one of the fastest carriers in the Terran military.” Raymond breathed deeply, readying himself to make his point. Hoping desperately that his commander would allow his idea.
“We don’t need to defeat the Vossk in battle. All we need is for one carrier to get through the blockade with the vaccine on board.”
Raymond straightened. “Commander Sul, we could load all the freighters with the vaccine onto my carrier. If the rest of the fleet cause a diversion, I know the Pegasus is fast enough to make it through the blockade and deliver the vaccine.“

Raymond waited. Sul was quiet for a moment that seemed to stretch away into eternity. Finally, she spoke.
“It’s dangerous Captain. Extremely dangerous. Most of all for you and your crew.”
“I know ma’am. I would ask that all non-essential personal be transferred off my carrier. Those that need to remain on board will be ready to be evacuated to the escape pods at a moment’s notice.”
Commander Sul drummed her fingers on her desk. She remained quiet a moment longer.
“If your carrier is destroyed, it will go down with the entire supply of the vaccine. Your family will die, Captain Nichols. There won’t be any hope for them, or anybody else who is infected on Endarta.”
“I know ma’am. I won’t let that happen.” He raised his chin and spoke with perfect clarity. “But if we don’t try, then my family are dead anyway. And I was hoping to be back for Christmas.”

Sul was silent for long seconds. Then, through the comm screen, Commander Sul looked levelly into Raymond’s eyes.
“Do it.”

From the room overlooking the cargo bay, Raymond watched another of the fleet’s carriers dock with the Pegasus. It was the last one. The few remaining fighters, bombers and interceptors would be moved off the Pegasus, and replaced with the last few freighters carrying the precious vaccine.
“We’re nearly ready Wick. Set a course for Endarta. Then I want you off the Pegasus.”
“Sir?” Wick sounded shocked.
“It won’t be safe Wick.”
“Then you better have me tied up and jettisoned out of the airlock. Because that’s what it’ll take to get me to leave!”
He paused for a moment, and then added, “With all due respect, sir.”
Raymond turned to Wick, but he was grinning. “You really want to stay on board the Pegasus that much?”
“Captain Nichols, sir, I wouldn’t miss it for the galaxy.”

“Alright, power up the engines Wick. We want to stay with the main fleet until we spot an opening.“
“On it.” The Pegasus roared to life. Around them, the fleet’s other carriers also powered up. Commander Sul again appeared on the comm screen, transmitting to the whole fleet.
“You all know the plan. Below us the men, women and children of Endarta are dying. These damned outlaws are trying to profit from their pain. We won’t have it. All we need to do is buy the Pegasus enough time to get past the Vossk carriers. The fate of the planet rests on us all. Godspeed.”
A cheer of “Long live Terra!” Went up through the Pegasus, and every Terran carrier, as men and women saluted. Raymond pointed out of the command window.
“Head for the enemy carriers Wick, but stay in the middle of our feet. If we stick close enough to them, then maybe it will be some time before they realise we aren't sending any ships to fight them. We will try to get as close to the planet as we can before we make our run.”
“Yes sir.”
The Pegasus stayed in the centre of the small Terran fleet. In a short while they neared the Vossk blockade. The comm screen crackled to life again, and once more the Vossk general appeared on the screen. He didn’t say anything, just laughed at the foolish way a measly group of Terran carriers would take on the entire blockade. The Terran fleet didn’t slow down. They neared the Vossk carriers.
Then all hell broke loose.

Above Endarta’s atmosphere, Vossk fighters and interceptors streamed out of their carriers. Laserfire raked the sky. Terran fighters left the carriers and tried to hold the enemy ships at bay. Raymond watched the battle with an unavoidable sense of guilt. Every ship they lost, every pilot that died, did so as a result of his own plan.
With so few ships the battle would be a complete loss if they had to keep it up for long. Again and again, enemy interceptors punched a hole through the Terran ships’ formation and attacked the carriers themselves. One or two carriers in particular took a heavy beating, and Sul ordered the most heavily damaged one to drop back immediately, lest it be lost. The enemy ships were relentless, but the Terran fleet were staunch in their defense of the Pegasus. There were only a few times when it came under fire, and then Terran fighters swooped in to deal with the interceptors. But they were losing too many. The Terran fleet was taking heavy losses. Raymond watched as interceptors strafed another carrier with their weapons. The carrier started turn slowly and retreat, its engines seriously damaged.

Sul’s face came on the screen.
“We’ve taken as many losses as we can sustain. If we stay in the fight longer we will all be obliterated. I’m giving the order. All carriers other than the Pegasus, fall back. Captain Nichols?”
“Ma’am?” Raymond answered. “Good luck.”
“Yes Ma’am.” That was all he had time to say. The next second he was giving orders.
“Full power to the engines. Let’s leave the fleet behind. Head straight down, straight for Endarta. Once we break the atmosphere, the planetary defences should protect us.
The crew rocked back as the Pegasus’ engines blared into maximum efficiency. Raymond didn’t sit in his chair. Adrenaline surged through him and he found he couldn’t sit down.
“Here we go.”

It didn’t take the Vossk outlaws long to realise something was amiss. The puny Terran fleet was fleeing – and that was no surprise. But one of the carriers failed to change course and fall back. In fact in sped up – it showed an amazing burst of speed. In his flagship, the Vossk general realised what the Terrans were trying. He gave the order. Thousands of Vossk ships moved to engage the Pegasus.

“Sir, we’ve got interceptors all over us.” Wick’s voice was steady, buy Raymond heard the worry beneath it. The Pegasus lurched as a small explosion rocked it.
“How are we doing?” Raymond asked.
“Our shields are taking a beating. Most of our power is diverted to the engines.” The chief engineer replied.
“How long until we break the atmosphere?” Raymond asked.
“Seven minutes.” Wick replied.
“We can make it.” Raymond clenched his jaw. “We have to.”

The Pegasus shuddered as interceptor fire battered her hull again. This time there was a much larger explosion, and Raymond and any crew members not strapped into seats were thrown to the floor. Red warning lights flashed and an alarm brayed. A maintenance officer called out to Raymond. “Shields are down sir! We have to divert power from the engines to get them back up.”
“No!” Raymond shouted back. “We’ve got no ships supporting us. If we slow down, we’re dead.”
Raymond climbed back up and finally sat in his chair. He strapped himself in, and patted the control panel in front of him.
“The Pegasus can take it, shields or not. Keep full power to the engines. That’s an order.”
“Yes sir.”
The seconds ticked away.

“Wick, how long?”
“Three minutes.”
“We can make it.” Raymond wasn’t sure if he was speaking to the crew or himself. The Pegasus raced on for another minute. And then, miraculously, the fire from the enemy ships seemed to die down. Wick spoke up, and there was hope in his voice.
“Sir, we seem to be pulling away from the bulk of the enemy blockade!”
A cheer went up through the bridge. It would be alright. They were passing through the blockade. The vaccine would be delivered. Raymond started to laugh joyously. Then he gasped.

The crew fell silent as another carrier came into their view. It was enormous, all but blocking the sight of Endarta from their view. It dwarfed the Pegasus, but somehow managed to be travelling at least as fast as them, keeping pace. The crew were stunned.
“I don’t believe it.” Raymond said.
“That’s a Void carrier! With Vossk markings. How in the blazing galaxy did the Vossk outlaws manage to get a Void carrier?” He screamed. Nobody had an answer. Wick spoke up weakly.
“It’s cutting us off sir. It’s blocking us off from the planet.” He was quiet for a moment, then panic entered his voice.
“Sir, it’s sending hundreds of fighters at us sir. That’s it. We’re cut off.”
Raymond was silent. Speechless.
“Sir, do you have any orders?”
Raymond couldn’t think of a thing to say. They had come so close. So close to saving his wife. His little girl.

“Captain Nichols, was are your orders? Should we evacuate?” Through the command window, the crew watched the enemy ships fan out from the monstrous carrier and spread out. Raymond turned and faced the room. Then he smiled.

“Anyone who needs to fly a carrier as big as that one to feel like they are in control, must in fact be a coward deep down. We’ve got no ships, but we do have this carrier. And if we don’t get the vaccine to Endarta then the planet is doomed.”
Raymond raised his voice, speaking to the whole bridge.
“They expect us to retreat, or maybe to try to go around them. See?” Raymond pointed at the battle map. The enemy ships were still spreading out, trying to cut off any way that the Pegasus might get around the massive Void carrier.
“Well, we won’t try to run, and we won’t even try to go around them. Wick, set a course straight for the enemy carrier. Aim for their bridge. If we can make it past the ships, I want to see if their carrier will stay put. I’m betting the coward will move out of the way.”
Wick cleared his throat. His voice was incredulous.
“You want to play chicken with a Void carrier, sir?”
“I don’t want to. But that carrier’s between me and my little girl, Wick. And it’ll take more than one Void carrier to stop me from getting to my family.
“Aye captain. Setting our thrusters to full.”

The Pegasus raced towards the enormous enemy craft. It seemed to grow all the larger as the Pegasus came closer. Raymond leaned forward and hit his intercom.
“Crew of the Pegasus, this is your captain speaking. I am giving the order for you to evacuate the Pegasus, in case the enemy carrier does not move out of our trajectory, or in case we’re brought down by enemy fire. I want to thank you all for your service. You are a fine crew, down to the last man and woman of you. I couldn’t have asked to serve with a more valiant group of people. This is Captain Raymond Nichols of the Pegasus, signing off.”
Once the order was given, hundreds of escape pod hatches slid open around the carrier. In the bridge, a dozen sections of wall panelling slid away to revel the escape pods behind them.
“Thirty seconds to impact, sir.” Wick said over the sound of dozens of feet running to evacuate.
“Thank you Wick. Now get to your escape pod.”
Wick looked at the open pod door behind him. He just had to step through. But he turned back to Raymond.
“No sir.”
“Wick?” It was not like him to disobey an order.
“I’m not leaving.”
Raymond smiled.
“Wick, you’re a true friend. It really has been an honour.” Then Raymond lunged at his companion, and pushed him through the open escape pod door. Wick was caught completely by surprise as Raymond barrelled into him, and he was knocked backward into the escape pod. He gave a startled cry and tried to get up, but Raymond was already activating the pod from a panel on his side. A solid shield slid down to cut the pod off from the ship’s interior. Wick banged on the window, but relented when he realised it was useless. Finally he just saluted through the glass, despite the fact that he was starting to cry. Raymond returned the salute as the pod launched off into space, following a course for the nearest friendly carrier.
The Captain of the Pegasus returned to his chair. He watched the Vossk’s Void carrier draw ever closer, it now took up the entirety of the window. With nobody else around, Raymond spoke quietly to himself.
“Well, you outlaw scum, what’s it going to be? Are you going to take a carrier to the face, or show your true colours and run like the coward you are?”
The Vossk interceptors continued to shoot at the sides, but the damage was insignificant. They had not expected the Pegasus to maintain course, they had been unprepared. Now all that stood in the Pegasus’ way to delivering the vaccine was the carrier. And it would move.
Surely it would move?

It did. With seconds to go, mere moments before the Pegasus smashed headlong into the Vossk carrier’s bridge, it fired thrusters and veered hard to the right. But it was not enough. The Pegasus struck a glancing blow against the enemy carrier’s hull. Metal screeched as both spacecraft collided, but the Vossk carrier was much larger. The Pegasus shook violently. Raymond was thrown against his seat, his harness holding him in, but his head snapped painfully forward and back. He gave a yell, both in anger and fear. Not fear that his own life would be lost, but fear that if the Pegasus were to be destroyed, then the Vossk carrier had prevented him from bringing the vaccine to his home planet after all.

Somewhere there was a hull breach, and oxygen was being lost. New warning lights and alarms switched on, these ones much brighter and louder. Raymond was thankful for the sounds, the noise kept him sane, kept him conscious. He looked out through the window, and was startled to see that despite the damage to the hull, the Pegasus had continued forward, carried by momentum. It was starting to tailspin with no crew to stop it, but it was definitely moving forward, away from the damaged Vossk carrier. And towards Endarta.

Hope surged into the captain. He unfastened from the chair and looked over the controls. He was past the Vossk carrier, but the enemy interceptors were closing in. They were once more starting to fire on the Pegasus, and now they were doing some real damage, hitting it from behind. He looked at the ship’s readout and sealed off the hull leak. The tailspin was speeding up, and that was his main concern. Desperately he tried to wrestle with the controls, but the ship was unresponsive. The carrier’s gravity controls meant that he barely noticed the spinning, but if he couldn’t pull the ship out of its death-roll, then he couldn't land it. And if he couldn't land the Pegasus, then the people of Endarta were doomed.
He glanced down at the ship’s navigational computer. He was just about to enter Endarta’s atmosphere. For a moment it seemed as if the Vossk outlaws realised this as well, and the fire from their ships intensified. There were a few more explosions, and the Pegsus shuddered again, but it didn’t alter the tailspin in the slightest. Then there was a loud roaring, and a bright, blinding glow around the window, as the Pegasus punctured Endarta’s atmosphere.

Endarta was beautiful. Mostly oceanic, it was peppered with small continents that were covered in huge yellow deserts. Most of the planet lived in the coastal colonies around the continents’ outer rings. But Raymond had no time to notice his home planet’s beauty, as the Pegasus careened in tight circles, rushing headlong towards the planet.

Raymond fought the controls, but there was nothing he could do to bring the Pegasus back to life. The engines were dying, and in a moment he would be engulfed in the explosion as his carrier struck the planet’s surface. The precious vaccine would be lost along with him. There was nothing he could do to straighten out the Pegasus’ flight.
But there was something he could do. As he hurtled ever downward, an idea came to him. He could not save the Pegasus, it was lost. But maybe he could release the vaccine. Desperately Raymond switched on the Comm.
“Endarta, this is the Pegasus!” He screamed into the Comm. The vid was grainy, but he could see somebody receiving the transmission, maybe a spaceport somewhere. No time for formalities now, whoever was picking up the signal would need to relay the message.
“I have the Pox vaccine! I cannot land safely.”
As if to punctuate his statement, one of the Pegasus’ engines exploded. The noise was deafening, and Raymond saw a plume of fire spiral into the blue sky.
“I’m going to try to eject the freighters. They have the vaccine on board. I’ll aim for the ocean. If I release the freighters close enough, they might survive the impact.”
The woman on the other end, he could see her more clearly now, was saying something. Raymond felt a rush of relief – she was Terran, and she was wearing a military uniform. His message would be heard.
“My name is Raymond Nichols. My wife and daughter are Endartan. Please see that they get the vaccine.”
He switched off the comm.

Frantically he watched his spinning descent towards the ocean. He keyed the controls to open the airlock, praying the systems would still work. An indicator said that, yes, the hanger bay’s doors had opened. Now he just had to wait for the right moment to release the ships' locking mechanisms. He had a few moments to spare, precious seconds before impact. He turned on the comm again. He didn’t have to look up a code for this call. He knew the number for his daughter’s comm screen by heart.
A familiar face answered his call, but not who he was hoping for. It was his wife’s sister.
“Raymond?” She looked surprised to see him.
He could barely stop himself from shouting.
“Is Sarah there? Is Lucy?”
“Sure. We’re visiting them at hospital. They're not well –“
“Put them on now!”
Then he was looking at his daughter’s face. Judging from her clothing she had been admitted to hospital. She looked like she was growing weak, the Pox were more pronounced on her skin. But she still looked delighted to see her father.
“Daddy!” She squealed. Then she looked more serious.
“Daddy are you okay?”
“Yes Lucy, I’m fine. Darling, is your mother there?”
“Yes but she’s sleeping.”
“Wake her up. Please.”
A moment later he was looking at the face of his beautiful wife. She was pale, and marred with the ugly black marks, but at that moment he thought she looked more beautiful than anything he’d seen before.
“Raymond.” She managed.
“Don’t try to talk honey.” Raymond said while glancing at the display. If he missed his chance to eject the freighters he would be dooming his wife and daughter.
“Just know…” He started to cry, and fought back the tears.
“Just know that I love you both very much.” His wife’s eyes widened.
“Ray, what’s wrong?”
“Nothing darling. I’m delivering the Pox vaccine. How about that?”
“But the news said that the Vossk were blockading Endarta.”
“They were. But we took care of them. Sarah?”
“Yes?”
“I really do love you. I’m sorry, I don’t think I’ll be home for Christmas, but I’m sure you’ll appreciate the gift I get you.”
There were only seconds before the Pegasus plummeted into the ocean. Ray released the ship locks. The Pegasus’ rotation threw them out into the sky, where they would fall safely to the ocean. Ray scanned the ship readout out once more for a nearby escape pod, but there were none left near enough to get to.
“Ray, tell me what’s wrong. What are –“
He smiled.
“I love you Sarah. I love you Lucy. Goodbye girls.”
Raymond reached forward and flicked off the screen.