Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Community Manager

Community Manager
Unread post [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by Ruediger » 18. December 2015 14:14
EN_ALL_Xmas_All_Story_Event_960x640_(December_2015).jpg

Ho, ho, ho, the festive season is about to come and even in the Shroud Nebula you can see Santa and his reindeers distributing presents to those who were good this year. Or can you? Is there any Xmas spirit in space?

This is where your imagination is needed: Write your Galaxy on Fire Xmas story! The story should take place in the Galaxy on Fire universe, it could be in the Shroud Nebula you know from Galaxy on Fire- Alliances, it could also be about Keith T. Maxwell’s Christmas adventures or you could use your imagination about what Galaxy on Fire 3 – Manticore will be about. Just use your fantasy. If you don’t want to write a story you can also contribute to the contest with a GOF Xmas poem

And here are the rules:

• Your story or poem has to have a connection to the Galaxy on Fire universe
• It has to be an Xmas story or an Xmas poem
• If you write a prose story at should have at least 100 words, if you write a poem it should consist of at least 10 lines.
• Publish your story in this forum thread.
• All stories and poems should be in English so that everyone can understand them. Non-native speakers should not be afraid, we won’t judge you on spelling on grammar but on the actual story or poem. But make sure it is readable.
• Your entry has to be submitted until January 3, 23:59 server time.
• The winners will be picked by a Deep Silver FISHLABS jury after the end of the event.

Of course there is no Xmas without presents, not even in distant Galaxies. Great prizes are waiting the authors of the three best stories or poems

1. Prize:
• Choose the name of a planet system
• You will find yourself in the Hall of Fame
• 100 Void Crystals
• 100 Artifacts of each color

2. Prize
• 50 Void Crystals
• 50 Artifacts of each color

3. Prize
• 25 Void Crystals
• 25 Artifacts of each color
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by Griffin » 18. December 2015 18:35
There was once a little void boy with a dream to conquer the universe.
So everyone bullied him saying he should go take care of his crystals.
So he called back his little fleet, he put them on reverse.
To hopefully teach a lesson to those who laughed, in return.
Sadly his staging planet was taken by another high level from s3.
So his little fleet was destroyed in the unintended battle.
"DAMN THOSE STUPID VOSSK" he rattled
He went to his high-level father and asked him for some spare ships.
This time he planned to shut those dirty lips.
His father attacked the bullies as a gift for his son.
"How many ships were lost?"the filthy void asked"just one"
He replied "but it's ok, it was great fun!"
The little void boy hopped onto his bed with his little Xmas Hat on.
Hoping to get a new void carrier on Xmas morning.
But instead he got a letter from Santa saying that he was a bad void boy and that he should never had attacked those vossk.
Instead he should have colonized an empty or inactive planet, maxed it out, and wait for someone to take it.
You know that's all the void do, so stop trying to fake it.
Algae

Algae
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by Ghost_Rider » 18. December 2015 19:40
Unite the Clans

Star date 2986 Dec 25 15:00HRS
Name: Ghost Rider/Sco Alliance

Captain's log

In less then 6 hours from now we will be joining our allies from all around the shroud nebula, to launch the largest space battle in the history of all Nivelian, Vossk and mankind! We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore! We will be united in our common interest to save Christmas Day! Once again we will be fighting for our freedom! Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution! but from annihilation of Christmas. We are fighting for our right to have presents from Santa Claus himself! Today we stand against the Voids who want to take away our Christmas gifts and Christmas spirit away! Our culture! and our way of life! We will not stand down! We will fight till the end! With the fist of the fleet nothing can stand in our way! We will end what they have started! We will save Christmas! We are the Red Skulls Elites!
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by JaniboyServer4 » 18. December 2015 21:09
Not very long ago, on a day before Xmas was a small boy named Krrkt Vossk with a special request, he was not the biggest but not the smallest, he was one of the normals .His wish to Xmas was that all Nations of the world would be close together and time to have a peaceful and blessed time for the very first. This request was unusual for a young Vossk. Krrkt was one of the infamous Vossk young, he was mostly in the brutal Vossk school in the corner with its two friends.Krrkt but also knew that such a request impossible realizable is.He asked his mother: ,, mam why can not all close once and celebrate Xmas once. The mother Kriko had long thought about it and was proud of her son. When the mother because the school headmaster asked if they lead through to the desire of the son at school, the head teacher was enthusiastic about what the mother did not know was that the headmaster a friend in the Supreme Military Council .The mother was thrilled. As the headmaster had his friend tells the story, he was amazed. it was unrealistic but at the same time realistic. He said he would watch what he could do. As in the world of Xmas evening dawned Krrkt was sad he would never get his desire. He went by the streets and wept. Suddenly he stopped crying from sadness and crying out of joy now. All types of life forms were represented and an honor was space for Krrkt there. The friend of the headmaster's told Krrkt: ,, young today, there is no war today to keep all hands, even the Terrans and the Vossk. Krrkt was incredibly happy, but what no one knew was that Krrkt had an incurable disease and died a month later. This is a Xmas story based on a true story. MERRY XMAS MY FRIENDS
THE END
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by VexedPlaneT1 » 19. December 2015 00:23
Admiral Smith stared out at the cold black of space, dotted with faint twinkling stars. All around him the crew of the "Adventures Glory" sang and drank eggnog.
"MERRY CHRISMAS" one leutinent shouted as wrapped his arm around a fellow commrad. An old seasonal time of festivities, the Adrmal thought. Traditions dating back to times long forgotten. He turned to the rec room and took in the sight. Crew members of all ranks drinking and talking. Regulations said that while onboard they must be presentable in uniform but most of them had on the distinguishable hat, a red cap with a white trip around the base and a soft cloth ball on the tip. It was tradition, and the Adrmral wasent about to stop the joy that his crew were celebrating. The most perticular thing about the rec room was the larg holicgraphic tree in the far corner. Though a hologram, the decoration of lights and ornaments casting there various glows provided an atmosphere to the whole of the room. The Admral smiled to himself, walking slowly to the drinks table and poured himself a drink. He returned to the window and looked back out at the black.
"Merry Christmas, my old friend Keith T. Maxwell" he whispered, as the rec room erupted in a chorus of laughter.
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
Galaxy S4 - Android
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by narfi » 19. December 2015 21:23
Merry Christmas from Casper and Friends on Server 2A

MerryChristmasFromCasper.jpg
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
IOS
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by Vanguard » 19. December 2015 23:22
It's not a story, but I hope Fishlabs take this in jest, but here's a little Christmas song from us all on S2 (sing to the tune of 12 days of Christmas)

On the first day of Christmas
Fishlabs gave to me:
A Whole load of missing XP

On the second day of Christmas
Fishlabs gave to me:
Two Brand new bugs
and a Whole load of missing XP

On the third day of Christmas
Our fishlabs sent to me:
Three Lost BRs 
Two brand new bugs

On the fourth day of Christmas
Our fishlabs sent to me:
Four maintenance breaks
Three Lost BRs 
Two brand new bugs

On the fifth day of Christmas
Our fishlabs sent to me:
Five spinning wheels of Death!!!
Four maintenance breaks
Three Lost BRs 
Two brand new bugs

On the sixth day of Christmas
Our fishlabs sent to me:
Six Voids a-voiding
Four maintenance breaks
Three Lost BRs 
Two brand new bugs

On the seventh day of Christmas
Our fishlabs sent to me:
Seven Hoangs a-spamming
Six Voids a-voiding
Four maintenance breaks
Three Lost BRs 
Two brand new bugs

On the eighth day of Christmas
Our fishlabs sent to me:
Eight noobs recruiting
Seven Hoangs a-spamming
Six Voids a-voiding
Four maintenance breaks
Three Lost BRs 
Two brand new bugs

On the ninth day of Christmas
Our fishlabs sent to me:
Nine tickets sent!
Eight noobs recruiting
Seven Hoangs a-Spamming
Six Voids a-voiding
Five Spinning wheels of Death!!
Four Maintenance Breaks
Three Lost BRs
Two Brand new bugs

On the tenth day of Christmas
Our fishlabs sent to me:
Ten more guys a-leaving
Nine tickets sent!
Eight noobs recruiting
Seven Hoangs a-Spamming
Six Voids a-voiding
Four Maintenance Breaks
Three Lost BRs
Two Brand new bugs

On the eleventh day of Christmas
Our fishlabs sent to me:
Eleven carriers Bouncing
Ten more guys a-leaving
Nine tickets sent!
Eight noobs recruiting
Seven Hoangs a-Spamming
Six Voids a-voiding
Four Maintenance Breaks
Three Lost BRs
Two Brand new bugs

On the twelfth day of Christmas
Our fishlabs sent to me:
Twelve hamsters dying
Eleven carriers Bouncing
Ten more guys a-leaving
Nine tickets sent!
Eight noobs recruiting
Seven Hoangs a-Spamming
Six Voids a-voiding
Four Maintenance Breaks
Three Lost BRs
Two Brand new bugs

Merry Christmas!

Still love the game & all the guys playing
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by Kotor Prut » 20. December 2015 05:45
All I've ever known is the cold. My world is sealed in ice but we have adapted to it, it was always normal. Some cycles were colder than others but the snow was always present. Some say we don't actually live on the surface and that the real surface is miles below us through the ice. We're nothing special, we know there are other worlds, warmer and much warmer worlds as they don't get much colder than this one! But we didn't account for other lifeforms.

It would have been a normal day. I would have gone hunting trilax and been home by the middle of the bright shift but for a time, they blotted out our star. Their huge green craft constructing even larger objects, high in the atmosphere and lowering them to the ground causing the largest disturbance to earth. The largest structure had 3 many-mile high prongs that reached a moons orbit. The other structures would not be dwarfed by much though. As the final structure was lowered to the ground on the opposite side of the world, it was clear this was their planet now.
Our winter was interrupted. Our routines were forgotten and whatever ecosystem existed on this world deteriorated from then on. For a time the structures just loomed silently, visible for miles beyond the horizon and slowly drained resources from the planet. Occasionally it was rumoured that one of the structures on a faraway continent was a landing pad and that there was an increase in the amount of craft landing there.
Many attempted to destroy the structures, obviously to no avail, these things were literal behemoths of foreign technology.

An entire stellar cycle would pass until the species showed itself. A massive hologram appeared in the sky and the image of a creature utterly strange to this world appeared on it. It's face was blue and it had four eyes on a face of insect-like chitin. Then it spoke.

"I have left this too long, I apologise. My name is General Yůl and my species is known as the Vossk. We come from far away from here for your resources. I must be perfectly clear, we have no intention of harming you but you must accept that this planet is no longer under your control. We are not here to govern you, oppress you or exterminate you but this planet now belongs to the Vossk Empire. You should be prepared for what I am about to tell you next. There are other civilisations like us out there who would not be so tolerant of you, and I will not lie, they will attack this planet."

At that moment I began to feel sick.

"But you have my solemn promise, we will do anything in our power to ensure that the battle never reaches the ground.
Very particular circumstances have led to what is now a galactic war and you are an unfortunate obstacle. We will do whatever we can to save you."

The transmission cut out. All I remember of that moment was the nausea and the depression.

Sure enough, only months would pass before the first attack. High in the atmosphere massive craft would loom above tiny explosions and flashes and insect-like craft would fly to and fro. It was almost awe-inspiring were it not so terrifying.

Another cycle would pass before the Vossk left completely. Without trace and without warning. They were gone and once again we were left to our own devices only now we knew the terrible truth. That out there, malevolent forces sought to take our world from us.

The snow never seemed so beautiful.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
IOS
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by Vanguard » 20. December 2015 15:20
The S2 Christmas Story

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all thro' global chat
Not a creature was stirring, not even Thargs rat;
A'S carriers were staged at the rally with care,
In hopes that Black Carnage soon would be there;
The teammates were ready ignoring their beds,
While visions of car kills danc'd in their heads,

With Thec being sarcastic, and Nar in a flap,
NewDude had settled for a long winter's nap —
When out in the nebula there arose such a clatter,
I sprang out from AC to see what was the matter.
Away from my stage world I flew like a flash,
Attack window chosen, i threw in some cash.
The rest of the attack squads were given the go,
Have the planet list of lazy so something to blow;
When, what to my spy report should appear,
A miniature shipyard, but nothing to fear,
With BC arriving, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be a trick.
More alts than Ea9le the carriers they came,
Ezio he whistled, and shouted, and call'd them by name:
"Now! Pecus, now! Crixus, now! Heather and EP,
"On! Des, on! Crazzy, on! Papa with ZmanM3;
To the top of the tables! To the top of the wall!
"Now seed away! Seed away! Seed away all!"
As void ships that before the battle do fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, SHIPSMASH they cry;
So up to the Nebula corners they flew,
With the cars full of troops — and OLS too:
And then in a twinkling, I heard on the LINE
Omega are coming, about friggin time.
As I shook my head, and was turning around,
Down came the BR its Promethians I found:
The galaxy needed scouting, from its top to its bottom,
Both Rob-Lee and Anadon lists not easily forgotten ;
Like the great BC war, memories came right back,
And i smiled like a noob with the new starter pack:
Our eyes — how they twinkled! More planets: how merry,
Ezios planets like gold dust, his red cits a cherry;

IMTs motor mouth was drawn up like a bow,
All ready and waiting for Deadpool to show;
The stump of a pipe held tight in Dougs teeth,
And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.

Thec likes monty Python in messages he wrote
From chaos he came, he goes for the throat!
Now Ezios not chubby, but a right jolly sort,
And I laugh'd when I saw him oh no,,,I've been caught;
A wink of his eye shown not a hint of dread
In PM he told me 'I've got planets to shed'

Babatron remained silent, but went straight to his work,
And Fonty took seeds; then burnt, he's no jerk,
Now laying his finger aside of his nose
Don giving a nod, up the tables we rose.

With Vaggos and Caleo, and Ragnar too,
The fight turned nasty, the air turned blue.
The Germans arrived; with old Kalle in tow
Then even some TimeLords decided to show.
Damia, chthulu and Ujack all Flew
The alliances of old, a pact that stays true

With BC and Ezio we did make amends
We toasted the life of Bjorn and lost friends
Ezio sprung to his cars, gave LaCie a whistle,
And away they all flew, like the down of a thistle:
All S2 exclaimed, as they flew out of sight —

Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
Last edited by Vanguard on 21. December 2015 01:14, edited 4 times in total.
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post Re: [EVENT] Xmas Story Contest by Chiusan » 20. December 2015 17:05
The shroud nebula.

A beautiful and though scary place, millions of planets are spread billions of miles.
Thousand of alliances fight endless wars for absolute Control.

One planet has a deep jungle, another one has unbearable heat.

Others have endless winter, and then there is "Ardrtas", a planet just like our home.

A week after the colonizing a heavy winter came.

It was so cold that the troops had to stay inside the carriers.
To cheer everyone up a few Terrans had an idea.

They started to sing Christmas songs, at the beginning none of the others were very enthusiastic about that.

But it didn't take long and soon more took part at it, it reminded them all of their childhood.
Of easier days and the good old memories.

Nothing could break the mood at that time, not the crusades or the never ending wars between the thousand alliances.

For a short moment their was happiness and peace, after all they were soldiers and prepared to give their lives for the Reich.

What they didn't know by that time was that there was already a carrier on the way to retake the planet they colonized...