Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
Iphone 6
Unread post Re: drop gofa ideas and suggestions by kelley » 12. December 2014 04:06
Carrier in-flight redirection.

Ability to use scanner on incoming planetary attacks to see what the invading force elements contain.

Some sort of bank. Where the players can sell excess resources, artifacts, troops, ships, whatever,,, in order to increase credits for gameplay. Make this available to all players for true marketplace activity. Trading troops for cits or merc services/bounties sucks
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
iPod shuffle
I saw the title 'drop gofa' and thought it was a thread full of new apps to play...

Sigh...
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post Re: drop gofa ideas and suggestions by BloodyClown » 1. January 2015 17:02
There is some mention of this already but: I would like yo be able to retire/demolish outdated ships to make room for newer (upgraded) models. Either that or when you research a new blueprint all outdated ships of that type can be upgraded.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
Android
Unread post Re: drop gofa ideas and suggestions by binaryonexero » 11. January 2015 20:57
I think a level protection system needs to be in place. For example, a player who is level 300+ cannot attack players level 100- as they simply cannot defend against such an attack. It is common knowledge that a player who is level 300 is likely to have planets and resources to make enough troops and ships to obliterate any low level player which is simply a serious balance issue. When you spend 1 month building your planets and spending paid for credits on those planets just to lose it in seconds with no chance of defence is simply an obvious issue. So much so that other games actually create items or features that you can buy or purchase with in game currency to protect against attacks from OP players. As seen in all MMO games, low level killing or attacking is seen as a scumbag move. Upon making this protection it will lower the inactive player count. I have evidence that no protection against players who are simply to far ahead can be damaging to player morale and count. My alliance lost 20 players after the ship kills comp for anniversary. Players that were 356+ were attacking us at our level under 80 which we only have 15,000 ish troops to defend and only 1000 ships. A 300+ player has 5000+ ship slots and is easy likely to have 500,000+ troops. If FishLabs think that is fair then this game is going to die very very quickly. I have already seen our server go from 90% full all the way down to 39% full due to inactive accounts. And these are players who are levels 70-150 because of the attacks we faced. 9 members lost all their planets in one day to one player. The level 356 player to be precise. Please add a protection for players of lower levels. What I'm saying is if a player is 100 levels below you, then you cannot take over their planet. Only attack. This means that we can still be attacked we just won't lose our planets.
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
iPhone 4s
Unread post Re: drop gofa ideas and suggestions by Pekka » 11. January 2015 21:36
@binaryonexero: This is a game of alliances. What you are proposing would make alliances obsolete - a higher level alliance member could not help others in alliance against low level members. Who themselves could join forces and attack high level players without risk of retaliation.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
Android
Unread post Re: drop gofa ideas and suggestions by binaryonexero » 13. January 2015 06:43
@pekka. The issue is that these high level alliances don't ever help. In fact they join the ones attacking. Pillar of Autumn are a perfect example. The whole alliance is full of player 300+ and will not ally with other alliances without the pillars of in front of their names and will attack them. The 4PDA won't help, oh and everyone else won't help as they can't or won't because they lost everything to pillars of Autumn. This is the sign of imbalance and needs to be addressed. If one alliance can just go and wipe alliances without help them there is a balance issue. What you are saying is that it is ok for a player who has spent a fuck ton of money to attack those who don't have money to spend on extra planet slots etc.... I have worked out that even sending 300 carriers at level 80 to attack people 250+ is not going to win. Why? Because no one actually does anything. Why? Because the go inactive because they lose everything because backup can't make it or we are over powered by one person. When one person can attack a whole alliance and destroy them then there is a balance issue.
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
Iphone 5 iOS 6, Ipad Air Ios 7
Unread post Re: drop gofa ideas and suggestions by Erwin » 13. January 2015 14:58
Protection of planets is the most important problem. We need mechanism so you can defend your planets.

Maybe not all but at least a good number of them.

Many suggestions exists already like Artillery, scanner that detect enemy fleets around clusters, etc some of this desperately needs to be implement.

Maybe some simple things like additional Fleet limits 1k Additional Fleet per planet.

Today anyone with a small fleet can destroy half a year work and several 100k Creds in a few days, nothing much you can do about that, your own fleet can defend one maybe two planets.

If it stays like this rebuild should be easier, back to the old 10 lvl planets then would be a good move.
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
HTC Desire 816, Android gofa://2002/players/Ghost%20xxx-->
Unread post Re: drop gofa ideas and suggestions by Deep3d2Galaxy » 14. January 2015 19:25
I suggest for ships transfer to the desired members. Like troops, ships also be moved to the person's planet I wish. And a widget for android is also necessary which will look like a signal post .green - planet systems ok ,yellow - someone scanned ur planet , red : ur planet is under attack.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
ipad mini/iOS7
Unread post Re: drop gofa ideas and suggestions by cmazuk » 14. January 2015 20:57
I've been playing since the start of the closed beta, and it's obvious to me that we have a lot of new players, as the old "need better planet defense" argument is being made.

I don't necessarily disagree, but you need to understand that we play the game we have. I like the game we have, for all it's faults, and if too much gets changed we then have a different game. I'm sure that the current Ukraine government wishes that there was a rule that level 300 governments couldn't attack level 100 governments...

So what do you do? Well, ask yourself; "what is my strategy". This is a war game; if you do not have a strategy, then tactics don't matter. Strategy drives tactics, governed not by the rules of men but the physical laws of the universe you play in. Once you formulate a strategy, then that drives your actions. If your strategic goal is to have a large empire, then you orient your planets to produce carriers, ships and troops. You ally with like-minded types and convince your neighbors who may not want to fight to join your alliance and pay "taxes" of troops and resources. Use those troops and resources to fulfill your dreams of conquest.

But what if you want to be left alone? Well, you may have the wrong game. But if you insist in playing, you will be attacked by the empire builders, or even just by people who like to fight. There are bullies everywhere, and if you don't stand up to them you will be plowed under.

First, you need information. Who is around you? You need to know who your neighbors are, and what their aims are. Ideally, form an alliance with them. You need a strong fleet, centrally located. Don't break your fleets up into penny-packets; keep them consolidated at a planet that you do not wish to lose. Your jumpgate, or a citadel are good choices; this will depend on your strategy. When attacked, do not rush to defend one world. Once the battle is over, you will know who is attacking you. If they are unaligned, I will find another of their worlds and take it from them, using my entire fleet and as many troops as necessary to ensure first-strike success. As soon as the battle is over, I will immediately strike at the next enemy planet in the system, until the entire system is mine. The enemy may continue to attack my planets, but is more likely to jump back and try to defend his. This is when I retake the planet he took from me. If I play my cards right, I will come out of the exchange with several new planets. If nothing else, I get experience points and a bit of reputation.

If the attacker is a member of an alliance, I would message the alliance leader to see if I am at war with the entire alliance, or just one player. Often, the alliance leader will call off his member. If the leader does not, but indicates it's just the one member attacking you, I would proceed as above. If it's you against the whole alliance? Well, hopefully you have listened and formed an alliance with your neighbors and can call for help.

Above all remember; it's just a game. No one would think of changing the rules of Chess because they lost to a better player. "But I spent a lot of money", you say. To that I say; did you have fun? Then you received good value for your money. If you didn't because you lost, then perhaps you will play better next time. Don't be a sore loser.

Christopher
Shrimp

Shrimp
Unread post Re: drop gofa ideas and suggestions by Roarke » 17. January 2015 00:42
Couple of folk have asked about retiring carriers and ships.

This can be done already. Load up an old carrier with weaker ships. Click on the carrier view from the fleet management view and select the dustbin icon. This will demolish the carrier and anything else onboard, retrieving a few resources in the process.