Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Game Master

Game Master
Device / OS:
iPhone5 / latest (incl. betas)
Unread post GoF stories by Idea_generator » 3. August 2012 18:21
Hi, all!
Besides doing this or that officially I also host and administrate fan-blog for russian-speaking community of Fishlabs games at http://fishlabs.su. And quite suddenly yesterday night I've received a fan-art story I'd like to share with you (translated version). You're welcomed to comment and share yours as well!

The whisper of the Phantom

Once in GOF 2...

Part I
I had started playing new game in GOF 2 again not so long ago. I wanted to play it all over again, to watch it again, to feel it again... It was quite boring in the beginning, it was all the same - mining for Gunant, getting in touch with Brent, first travel to Thynome, etc. All in all it was familiar - I've made it through dozens times... And finally I was given a mission to fly to Void Space with Carla to capture Voids' wrecks. Since that moment I realized that the game was going to be somewhat special. I was damn lucky. First I flew from Thynome to Aquila, as usual, using a Jump Gate. As soon as I reached the target system I saw two red dots - pirates I assumed. And I easily destroyed them of course. My loot was - and it's incredible! - three "BeamShield II"!!! As soon as I docked I sold them for 36k credits each... The next moment I've got assisting pilots and each of the three was carrying 17t of Vossk Organs!!! Just imagine that I've been that lucky all the way through. By the time you're asked to get 50t of Void Crystals for Khador I was flying fine tuned Veteran... I've successfully finished main plot and Valkyrie, ended up flying Nemesis equipped with four SunFires - the most powerful thermos in the universe... I just had to improve four achievements from silver to gold to reach the goal - purchase the Void X - and thus I ran into freelance missions. This is where the trickiest part starts…
Part II
I was successfully popping freelance missions as well when I started to realize that something's definitely going wrong… Once when I was digging one of the most dangerous Vossk systems I found myself seeing no ship at all but a little red dot that seemed to be following me from system to system... I docked to the local Vossk station and - imagine it - I met no-one in its Space Lounge. I mean nobody literally. I thought that it's most possibly a bug that must had been spotted already and was on the list to be fixed so I headed to another station. I docked to each station, one by one visiting system by system and found just nobody in Space Lounges, no-one defending them, except for that sticky little red dot far away which wasn't even trying to attack me. I tried to scan it of course, but each time it was just slipping through my fingers somehow... It was starting to be really scary… I've relaunched the game but nothing has changed… I went to the Hangar tab and among other goods there were Vossk Organs, 173t of them, so I've decided to buy and set a course to Loma, pirate system where those cost quite a fortune… When I reached the orbit of Var Destro I've been just freaked out: IT WAS EMPTY! No pirates but just a single red dot far behind me… There was no bribe request so I docked to the station free of charge. I sold Vossk Organs and decided to hop into Space Lounge. There was not a single alien being as well!!!
Part III
I started losing my hopes as I had millions of credits and solid confidence that the bug influenced my game session, so I just sent it to hell and jumped to the Void Space where Alice is supposed to beg you for letting her out. But as you might have already guessed there was neither Alice nor Valkyrie! There were no Voids too but annoying red dot far behind me was letting me know that there was at least one NPC left. I had nothing to do but turn around trying to aim at it for one more time. And to my complete surprise it started locking on it finally! When the target got locked, I noticed that was 7.0 km away. And yet there was neither its name nor its health showing on top of the HUD... just damn nothing. The next moment I ignited Polytron Boost trying to get farther of it. And when the booster ran out of charge I realized that the target was still 7.0 km away! Not a single meter more! I nearly shitted my pants but then... my ship just stopped frozen. Engines went off and were as dim as if I stopped them myself. I tried to gain some speed by swiping up like mad but there was no result - it just kept showing 0%. As Polytron got charged I tried to boost but it wasn't responding as well. And then I've noticed that the red dot started to get closer. Distance has changed to 6,9 km... 6.8... 6.5... 6.0... 5.5... 4.0... 2.5... 2.0 km... The next moment I managed to make out its silhouette. It was Phantom, modified Inflict vessel... And it was approaching me. Suddenly some strange squeak appeared. It was loud and so piercing that it was painful to hear it. Phantom was still getting closer. Strange squeak then suddenly changed to dead silence as if I finally got deaf and then quiet whisper appeared. The whisper was getting louder as was Phantom approaching. I wasn't able to understand the language while Phantom got cabin to cabin close to me. The whisper was filling my brain, pushing all thoughts out of it, and it was still getting louder, I was unable to realize anything but insane whisper was getting damn louder, I was feeling dizzy, some strange pictures of places and landscapes I've never been to were changing one another, but the whisper was getting louder. I was nearly faint when I managed to press the Home button and while the game was being minimized its screen was showing "GAME OVER"...
I woke up in 4 hours. It could be just a dream but... all of my save-games were missing. The game was virgin-clear. All stats, achievements, game data, everything was wiped out of the device. I've decided to reinstall the game just in case but for a month or so I wasn't dare to start it, being afraid to hear the whisper of the Fantom again...

by DarkBlader, 14.07.12 specially for Fishlabs.su
Shark

Shark
Device / OS:
Android 6.0.1 - Former: IOS 7
Unread post Re: GoF stories by Void Nemesis » 5. August 2012 16:27
Creepy... A haunted game/device!
Dolphin

Dolphin
Device / OS:
KEmulator 0.9.8 :v:
Unread post Re: GoF stories by ngangia60 » 8. August 2012 06:04
Interesting. We need more stuff like this.
Herring

Herring
Unread post Re: GoF stories by JPositive » 21. August 2012 00:26
Awesome!!!
Tuna

Tuna
Unread post Re: GoF stories by BertFilm » 21. August 2012 08:44
Idea_generator,

I've had some similar pakalolo visions too, so perhaps your Russian friend will recognize these locations in the Phantasim game: Image
Attachments:
VskSpace.jpg
Multi-Vossk
VskSpace.jpg (318.01 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
Phantom.jpg
Phantoms at Valkerie
Phantom.jpg (333.77 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
Tuna

Tuna
Unread post Re: GoF stories by BertFilm » 21. August 2012 09:01
In the overpopulated Y'mirr system there was a very strange lounge with many strange rooms, views, and creatures dance like yoganinis! Image

The fabric of space time and wormholes were overlapping the jump gate in crumpled rifts Image
Dream or vision of the upcoming supernova it could be Image
Attachments:
Lounge.jpg
Lizard Dancer
Lounge.jpg (476.15 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
VosskLand.jpg
VosskLand.jpg (480.69 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
Herring

Herring
Unread post Re: GoF stories by GoF2Fan » 1. September 2012 12:15
The whisper of the Phantom

Once in GOF 2...

Part I
I had started playing new game in GOF 2 again not so long ago. I wanted to play it all over again, to watch it again, to feel it again... It was quite boring in the beginning, it was all the same - mining for Gunant, getting in touch with Brent, first travel to Thynome, etc. All in all it was familiar - I've made it through dozens times... And finally I was given a mission to fly to Void Space with Carla to capture Voids' wrecks. Since that moment I realized that the game was going to be somewhat special. I was damn lucky. First I flew from Thynome to Aquila, as usual, using a Jump Gate. As soon as I reached the target system I saw two red dots - pirates I assumed. And I easily destroyed them of course. My loot was - and it's incredible! - three "BeamShield II"!!! As soon as I docked I sold them for 36k credits each... The next moment I've got assisting pilots and each of the three was carrying 17t of Vossk Organs!!! Just imagine that I've been that lucky all the way through. By the time you're asked to get 50t of Void Crystals for Khador I was flying fine tuned Veteran... I've successfully finished main plot and Valkyrie, ended up flying Nemesis equipped with four SunFires - the most powerful thermos in the universe... I just had to improve four achievements from silver to gold to reach the goal - purchase the Void X - and thus I ran into freelance missions. This is where the trickiest part starts…
Part II
I was successfully popping freelance missions as well when I started to realize that something's definitely going wrong… Once when I was digging one of the most dangerous Vossk systems I found myself seeing no ship at all but a little red dot that seemed to be following me from system to system... I docked to the local Vossk station and - imagine it - I met no-one in its Space Lounge. I mean nobody literally. I thought that it's most possibly a bug that must had been spotted already and was on the list to be fixed so I headed to another station. I docked to each station, one by one visiting system by system and found just nobody in Space Lounges, no-one defending them, except for that sticky little red dot far away which wasn't even trying to attack me. I tried to scan it of course, but each time it was just slipping through my fingers somehow... It was starting to be really scary… I've relaunched the game but nothing has changed… I went to the Hangar tab and among other goods there were Vossk Organs, 173t of them, so I've decided to buy and set a course to Loma, pirate system where those cost quite a fortune… When I reached the orbit of Var Destro I've been just freaked out: IT WAS EMPTY! No pirates but just a single red dot far behind me… There was no bribe request so I docked to the station free of charge. I sold Vossk Organs and decided to hop into Space Lounge. There was not a single alien being as well!!!
Part III
I started losing my hopes as I had millions of credits and solid confidence that the bug influenced my game session, so I just sent it to hell and jumped to the Void Space where Alice is supposed to beg you for letting her out. But as you might have already guessed there was neither Alice nor Valkyrie! There were no Voids too but annoying red dot far behind me was letting me know that there was at least one NPC left. I had nothing to do but turn around trying to aim at it for one more time. And to my complete surprise it started locking on it finally! When the target got locked, I noticed that was 7.0 km away. And yet there was neither its name nor its health showing on top of the HUD... just damn nothing. The next moment I ignited Polytron Boost trying to get farther of it. And when the booster ran out of charge I realized that the target was still 7.0 km away! Not a single meter more! I nearly shitted my pants but then... my ship just stopped frozen. Engines went off and were as dim as if I stopped them myself. I tried to gain some speed by swiping up like mad but there was no result - it just kept showing 0%. As Polytron got charged I tried to boost but it wasn't responding as well. And then I've noticed that the red dot started to get closer. Distance has changed to 6,9 km... 6.8... 6.5... 6.0... 5.5... 4.0... 2.5... 2.0 km... The next moment I managed to make out its silhouette. It was Phantom, modified Inflict vessel... And it was approaching me. Suddenly some strange squeak appeared. It was loud and so piercing that it was painful to hear it. Phantom was still getting closer. Strange squeak then suddenly changed to dead silence as if I finally got deaf and then quiet whisper appeared. The whisper was getting louder as was Phantom approaching. I wasn't able to understand the language while Phantom got cabin to cabin close to me. The whisper was filling my brain, pushing all thoughts out of it, and it was still getting louder, I was unable to realize anything but insane whisper was getting damn louder, I was feeling dizzy, some strange pictures of places and landscapes I've never been to were changing one another, but the whisper was getting louder. I was nearly faint when I managed to press the Home button and while the game was being minimized its screen was showing "GAME OVER"...
I woke up in 4 hours. It could be just a dream but... all of my save-games were missing. The game was virgin-clear. All stats, achievements, game data, everything was wiped out of the device. I've decided to reinstall the game just in case but for a month or so I wasn't dare to start it, being afraid to hear the whisper of the Fantom again...

by DarkBlader, 14.07.12 specially for Fishlabs.su
True story???
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
iPhone5 15in Retina MacbookPro
Unread post Re: GoF stories by jfc123 » 2. September 2012 01:31
Doubt it.
Tuna

Tuna
Unread post Re: GoF stories by AardSkaNarff » 17. September 2012 09:00
BertFilm wrote:In the overpopulated Y'mirr system there was a very strange lounge with many strange rooms, views, and creatures dance like yoganinis! Image

The fabric of space time and wormholes were overlapping the jump gate in crumpled rifts Image

How do you do those artworks?
Orca

Orca
Device / OS:
iPhone 4S
Unread post Re: GoF stories by YangYang88 » 17. September 2012 12:45
AardSkaNarff wrote:
BertFilm wrote:In the overpopulated Y'mirr system there was a very strange lounge with many strange rooms, views, and creatures dance like yoganinis! Image

How do you do those artworks?

I guess they use programs like photoshop or gimp and put together different I-Pod screenshots. ^^

Regards

YangYang88