Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Plankton

Plankton
Why can't fish labs release a simple app that can modify android saved games to work on new devices and rom installs?
Shrimp

Shrimp
dalderton wrote:Why can't fish labs release a simple app that can modify android saved games to work on new devices and rom installs?

Well, that would make sense at this point, but because the save game files are not tied to user accounts, they are afraid people will use these saved games to pirate expansion packs...or something like that....

However, from my perspective, I think they are losing more business than gaining with all these device transfer headaches. We live in an age now where people are constantly changing/updating devices, and to not have a simple means of transferring files is a deal-breaker for many, including me...
Shrimp

Shrimp
Well, I'm not sure they fully read my email detailing how I sent three game files, 2 from the old and 1 from the new device so they could confirm I sent the correct device ID, using the 'Device ID' app.

Their response,
Hi, Thank you for contacting the Deep Silver Fishlabs support team. We hope that we can help you out.
Please check if the Android ID you provided is correct. You can check the device ID using the app "Device ID".
If you still have additional questions, feel free to send us another ticket anytime.
Yours sincerely,
Deep Silver FISHLABS
Support Team

I did confirm the Device ID by using that app...so I don't know why they couldn't just check that 3rd game file and see what may be wrong. ? Maybe they can't identify the device ID from the file created on the new device.... maybe that's why they want me to confirm it.... ah well, I guess I'll check again tonight....
Shrimp

Shrimp
ranranran - I've tried multiple times now to send fishlabs support my correct ID using the 'Device ID' app, the save game files and save game preview files from the old device. Everything they've sent has had the same problem. The only response I ever get from them is:

'Please check if the Android ID you provided is correct. You can check the device ID using the app "Device ID".'

Or finally:

'Unfortunately we are not able to help you if the files we sent don't work on your device.'

This is even after I asked them to walk me through the procedure just in case I've missed something.

I too would really like to purchase Valkyrie and Supernova but until this issue is cleared up there's no way I'm starting from scratch on my new device so won't be buying anything.

Help us Fishlabs Support, you're our only hope...
Shrimp

Shrimp
the_cardinal wrote:ranranran - I've tried multiple times now to send fishlabs support my correct ID using the 'Device ID' app, the save game files and save game preview files from the old device. Everything they've sent has had the same problem. The only response I ever get from them is:

'Please check if the Android ID you provided is correct. You can check the device ID using the app "Device ID".'

Or finally:

'Unfortunately we are not able to help you if the files we sent don't work on your device.'

This is even after I asked them to walk me through the procedure just in case I've missed something.

I too would really like to purchase Valkyrie and Supernova but until this issue is cleared up there's no way I'm starting from scratch on my new device so won't be buying anything.

Help us Fishlabs Support, you're our only hope...

Heh, looks like you and I are the only ones who are currently interested in this atm....but I guess we'll keep posting on this thread - mayhap it will help someone....eventually....... :wink:

Anyway, I rechecked the device ID with that app (the one from redphx) and I was correct. I also noted that, since I was a user but not owner (my wife is the 1st account and considered owner) that she had a different device ID, which, after researching, is how Android sets up unique device ID's per user account. Regardless, since I installed and ran the app under my user account, it *should* just be accessing that device ID and not the 'owner' device ID.

Anyway, I've resent the files (with both ID's) and explained that I had sent the correct device ID the first time. After your response, I'm not expecting much.

I even decided to do some file analysis with my hex editor hoping it was just a simple string substitution. While I've identified the changed string (end of each data file), it isn't just a string substitution, but something unique to each game file..so I am assuming they have some type of key 'generator' that uses the device ID and generates a game file-specific string to permit loading of those files on a specific device...

Ah well, I think I've put too much effort into this simple little game...guess I'll just load up some Fallout, Bioshock, or WoT.... :smile:
Shrimp

Shrimp
UPDATE - ok, I found something interesting...

Previously, I used the app, 'Device ID' from redphx to get my Device ID.

I just used a different 'Device ID' app from Evozi. That program gave me two IDs. The first was, 'Android Device ID'. The second was 'Google Service Framework' (GSF). the first app (author - redphx) Device ID was actually the GSF, *not* the Android Device ID!

So.....I'm thinking that may be the reason these files are not working?

We'll see - I resent the files (again), but this time with the 'Android Device ID' as indicated by Evozi's program.....
Shrimp

Shrimp
SUCCESS!!

It would seem that redphx's Device ID program is inaccurate. Use Evozi's 'Device ID' program to get the Android Device ID, and all will be well!

Now to go purchase those expansions.... :)

R
Plankton

Plankton
Dude, can you give me the link for those App? :D
Shrimp

Shrimp
Ah ha! It seems you've cracked it me old mucker! Yes the device ID is completely different using Evozi's device ID! Who would have thought?! I'll give it a go, send them again with the new ID and let you know. Things are looking more promising!

The C
Shrimp

Shrimp
ranranran! It has indeed worked!!! Happy times for all and well done to you Sir for working this one out! I hope this forum thread will prove helpful to any poor confused soul out there wanting to transfer their save games over to new android devices... WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!! Now I'm going to get in my Ghost and raccoon some pirates!

The C