Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Shrimp

Shrimp
Device / OS:
---
Hello,
I need to reset my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and all my saved games will be deleted. If I'll copy the saved games files to PC and then after reset move back to device, will I be able to continue playing? Which files must I copy? Or I can copy the whole folder "files"?
Game Master

Game Master
Device / OS:
iPhone5 / latest (incl. betas)
Unfortunately not. Currently the save-files' checksum is bound with Device ID that changes once you flash or reset your device to factory settings.
Shrimp

Shrimp
Please tell us when this will be fixed!
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
Sony Xperia Z1 | Android 4.4.4
Idea_generator wrote:Unfortunately not. Currently the save-files' checksum is bound with Device ID that changes once you flash or reset your device to factory settings.

But doing backup of GoF2 HD save games is possible, but:
1. You have to gain root access on your android phone/tablet (which may be difficult for an casual Android user)
2. You have to backup your actual Android Device ID before update/reset/install new ROM, I recommend Google Keep which it is synchronizing with Google Account.
3. Software able to modify .db files, or just dedicated app for changing Android Device ID (easy to find on Google Play)
Today I was able to block my savegames, and afterwards unblock it just changing Android Device ID.
Shrimp

Shrimp
Device / OS:
Nexus 7 / Android 4.3
If you're already rooted, why not use Titanium backup? It's able to restore your device id after a flash too.

But what about after switching your device to a complete new model?
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
Samsung G. S3 / iPod T. 5G
If you've written down the Android Device ID of the old device (the one you made the savegames with) it should be possible to change the Android Device ID of the new device to the one of the old device using the way Ingvarr100th has described. In that case you can transfer the savegame files. Or are only certain types of Android Device ID numbers accepted by a device (hardware dependend)?
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
Bakhtosh wrote:If you've written down the Android Device ID of the old device (the one you made the savegames with) it should be possible to change the Android Device ID of the new device to the one of the old device using the way Ingvarr100th has described. In that case you can transfer the savegame files. Or are only certain types of Android Device ID numbers accepted by a device (hardware dependend)?

Theoretically and practically it's no difference. I transfered ID form Motorola Atrix to Samsung Galaxy S Advance especially for that case, and everything is working fine. Just you have to remmember that you may lost progress on other games (which they are based on Android Device ID also) or some app will not work properly. But always you can restore previous Android ID and switch to old one when you want to play GoF2 :wink:

PS. And reboot after change is not needed :wink:
Algae

Algae
Ingvarr100th wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:If you've written down the Android Device ID of the old device (the one you made the savegames with) it should be possible to change the Android Device ID of the new device to the one of the old device using the way Ingvarr100th has described. In that case you can transfer the savegame files. Or are only certain types of Android Device ID numbers accepted by a device (hardware dependend)?

Theoretically and practically it's no difference. I transfered ID form Motorola Atrix to Samsung Galaxy S Advance especially for that case, and everything is working fine. Just you have to remmember that you may lost progress on other games (which they are based on Android Device ID also) or some app will not work properly. But always you can restore previous Android ID and switch to old one when you want to play GoF2 :wink:

PS. And reboot after change is not needed :wink:

Can you point me to the specific app that allows changing of device ID without rebooting? I've tried a few on the play store but they don't seem to work.
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
Device ID Changer ROOT but i preffer do changes on db explorer such as SQLite and modify settings.db file.
Orca

Orca
Hello fellow commanders,

I'll just like to let you know that we are aware of the save game situation and your feedback has been very important.

As soon as we have any further information regarding that topic we'll announce it immediately.

Best regards,

Sebastian