Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Shrimp

Shrimp
Device / OS:
Android
Excuse me..... WHAT!?!??!?!

Are you telling me I CAN'T buy a new phone because your code is so ridiculous that it will not allow us to transfer our own save games one device we own to another?

Are you kidding me!!!????
I'm really enjoying this game, it is my favourite game on android at the moment, I have 40+ hours play time, paid $15 in real cash, recommended it to several friends and I was thinking of buying a Note 3 today for the beautifully large screen - and would have enjoyed continuing to play this game on it.

Then I find out this.
This really is a joke.

You need to enable cloud saving NOW or disable this ridiculous restriction!!
Google provides a facility for cloud saves (https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3129939?hl=en), so please use it.

Or if you want to prevent people from sharing save games, for heavens sakes at least try to be smart about it! Instead of checking the device ID, you should have been checking against the primary account installed on the phone. (using android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS) But this is a workaround only.. cloud saves is the solution you should be implementing now.

..I can't believe I'm holding off buying a new phone because of a game..
Sounds ridiculous, I know, but it doesn't really make any sense to buy a new phone now and spend most of my time playing on my old phone, does it?
Shrimp

Shrimp
Device / OS:
Samsung Galaxy S2 / android
Ingvarr100th wrote:
Idea_generator wrote:Unfortunately not. Currently the save-files' checksum is bound with Device ID that changes once you flash or reset your device to factory settings.

But doing backup of GoF2 HD save games is possible, but:
1. You have to gain root access on your android phone/tablet (which may be difficult for an casual Android user)
2. You have to backup your actual Android Device ID before update/reset/install new ROM, I recommend Google Keep which it is synchronizing with Google Account.
3. Software able to modify .db files, or just dedicated app for changing Android Device ID (easy to find on Google Play)
Today I was able to block my savegames, and afterwards unblock it just changing Android Device ID.

I want to reset my phone. I have Samsung Galaxy S2 rooted and with NeatROM.
Can you, please, explain me, step by step how to backup my game progres? I have 60 hours of playing and don't want to losse it.

Thanks
Shrimp

Shrimp
Device / OS:
Android
Alright, my situation has now unavoidably changed for the worse and I'm well beyond having any sort of understanding or tolerance for this frigging arrogant restriction !!!!

I avoided upgrading my phone - because of this restriction.
I can't play on my 10" tablet - because of this restriction.

So basically, I planned to never change my phone, upgrade, etc. until I am completely done with this game and never want to play it again.
Unfortunately, that goal is now out of my hands.

As of last night, the screen on my phone STOPPED WORKING. It glows green the moment I turn my phone on (attached) and then stays black.
The phone works fine, the touch screen works, the OS works, the files are still in tact, my save games are there, I can even use TeamViewer to remotely control my phone from my PC, but the phone screen has stopped working.

So, I need to send in my phone for repairs.
Given Optus is about as useless as Fishlabs, I give them about a 90% chance of wiping my phone when I send it for repairs.

Bye bye progress.
Due to dumb restrictions, I can't backup my game, I can't restore my game and I can't continue my game because the Device ID will change when it gets wiped.
All of my progress is just going to disappear in a puff of smoke and there's very little I can do about it.

I read the other comments here and I don't really want to mess around with rooting my device and faking Device ID's and seeing what other things get broken as a result of this, as others seem to have been doing.

Fishlabs, this is rediculous.
I'm furious, aggravated and annoyed by this.
GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER !!!

Not only do I have to go through the hassel of being without my phone while it gets repaired, but I'm going to lose all of my hours of progress, achievements and gameplay. I WON'T be bothered restarting the game this far into it.
How long have you known about this downright ridiculous restriction and done nothing about it apart from saying "oh yeah we know about that and we may do something about it some day in the future, if we can be bothered..."

We are paying money to you, still, and I've been recommending this game to others.
I've paid more on this game than on any other mobile game or app on android, and I've payed for many.

Why in god's name haven't you implemented cloud saves yet?
Do you still employ programmers there?
What are they doing?

Please do something about this NOW!
This situation is only going to get worse as people near the end of their phone contracts, upgrade their phone and then realise that they're favourite game is no longer playable. The hoard of annoyed people are going to come banging on your doors and how long are you going to be able to use the excuse "oh yeah.. we know about it, too bad!"

*sigh*
Attachments:
Samsung Broken Screen.jpg
Samsung Broken Screen.jpg (44.1 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
GalaxyS2 i9100 / Android 4.2.2
I was about to check about this procedure only as a paranoid action from my part and I guess I was not so wrong about it...

I'm about to flash another ROM into my SGS2 and I find out that the game locks the games based on the Android Id?!?! WTF is wrong with you, guys?!

I'm totally agree with every word Patrick has said. I know I can backup and restore my ID with Titanium Backup and I can do a lot of stuff to my phone because I rooted it, but that's not the freaking point.
I was coming all calm expecting to see that the game somehow was syncing with the Google+ achievements system and all that stuff because, in the end, you implemented the achievements, scores, etc, but seems like you didn't want to take the work of doing the full implementation.

You guys can't expect that a regular user do all the stuff we do to try and migrate saved games from one device to the other (or for the same, in case of an upgrade/reset). Are you out of your minds?! Really?!?!

I add up to the fact that we, Android players, want to see the implementation of Cloud Save implemented ASAP, the same way iPhone players have too.
Social Media Manager

Social Media Manager
Hey guys... first of all, sorry for the hassle. As a company that almost went out of business because of software piracy two times in the past, we do indeed take this matter very seriously. Especially since our previous Android releases (such as GOF2 THD) had suffered from piracy rates up to 95%.

If we'd not bind the progress to the Android ID, everyone could simply load a save game with all add-ons unlocked and millions of credits on disposal from the internet and put it onto their devices. At the end of the day, this would mean that we'd not make any revenues from this game anymore at all, because everyone could get hold of all IAPs in less than a minute or so.

Therefore, we cannot simply remove the copyright protection via Android ID check. We can, however, manually adjust your save games to your new Android ID to make sure that you can continue 'em whenever you buy a new device or root your existing device. We've done that for various players in the past and will of course continue to do so in the future.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
TobiasP wrote:Hey guys... first of all, sorry for the hassle. As a company that almost went out of business because of software piracy two times in the past, we do indeed take this matter very seriously. Especially since our previous Android releases (such as GOF2 THD) had suffered from piracy rates up to 95%.

If we'd not bind the progress to the Android ID, everyone could simply load a save game with all add-ons unlocked and millions of credits on disposal from the internet and put it onto their devices. At the end of the day, this would mean that we'd not make any revenues from this game anymore at all, because everyone could get hold of all IAPs in less than a minute or so.

Therefore, we cannot simply remove the copyright protection via Android ID check. We can, however, manually adjust your save games to your new Android ID to make sure that you can continue 'em whenever you buy a new device or root your existing device. We've done that for various players in the past and will of course continue to do so in the future.

You are totally right about wanting to protect yourselves against piracy and nobody said you shouldn't, but you guys can't protect yourselves in expense of the players. If you're developing a game for a platform like Android where users buy apps PER ACCOUNT (not per device) then you should respect that and make your game provide the same support.

Like Patrick mentioned above, there is already support for Cloud Save (see here https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3129939?hl=en).

Could you please share your thoughts on this matter? Is any reason why this solution has not been implemented yet or is it in progress to be done?

Thanks.
Regards.
Social Media Manager

Social Media Manager
We're not happy with the current solution either and will definitely try our best to improve it in the future. From what I've heard, our Android devs are already evaluating Google Cloud as a possible alternative. I hope that we'll have good news for all Android players soon. Until then, you can, of course, always contact us directly and have us adjust your save game to a new Android-ID manually. I've added a "sticky" thread about this topic earlier today.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
That would be a terrific improvement to the game. Really.

I'll be looking forward for the implementation of it.

Thanks for your replies.
Shrimp

Shrimp
Device / OS:
---
Hello,

I updated Android on my device twice from the moment when I posted this topic. And twice I have lost all my saved progress. I have played more than 60 hours (30h + 30h).
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
Check the thread. There are alternatives for not losing the progress, though you need to have your device rooted for that... Other than that, we only can wait for Fishlabs guys to implement the Cloud Save (if they ever do so) so we don't lose all our progress if not rooted.