Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Plankton

Plankton
I think it would be pretty nice to be able to intercept incoming attacks, and engage an enemy fleet outside of the orbit of their target planet/system. It could be used to delay or weaken an attacking fleet, pirating, and force players to be a bit more creative about where they launch attacks from...as longer travel times would increase likely hood of your route being discovered and your fleet ambushed.

Also, being able to set up defensive blockades near friendly systems, or in those blank pockets of space with no planets would be nice too.

In addition to that, I think that it would be nice to be able to build ships like cruisers, dreadnaughts, destroyers, frigates...ect. and customize them.
Shrimp

Shrimp
Device / OS:
Ipod
I'd be interested to see other types of capital ships in gofa, but I'm wondering what their role would be. All of the large ships in the gof games can be seen as simply being carriers now as they are identical to the terran and vossk battleships. (The Nivelian carrier is not in the original two games to my knowledge, but it can be construed that it is similar.) Any different capital ship would have to have a specialized role, like being a dedicated carrier destroyer or planetary bombardment.