Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
Ipad
Yes, I know there are lots of suggestions out there for how they should work in gofA, but nothing so extensive as mine. It will be a big wall of text, so I put almost everything in a spoiler for you.

Space stations are an advanced interface between the planet and the world around it. With space stations you would be able to produce things like drinks, devices and goods for trading. However, your space station can be attacked by pirates and you could lose everything.

Modular construction
SPOILER: SHOW

Commodities

Somewhat planet specific recourses

Security

Factories

Processing

Trading
Tuna

Tuna
Its an awesome idea, but I don't see the point of commodities. Why would anyone produce them? Also i think it should only be possible to build station on planets with a level 20 HQ.
Last edited by Tar'Guih on 20. December 2015 13:08, edited 3 times in total.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
Ipad
Commodities are there so you would have a viable option for trading and a reason of why you would want them and to make it easier to grow when among very advanced players. It would also give more to diplomacy by opening trade routes. With civilization beginning, it doesn't mean that there can't be commodities. Because of the very advanced technology, civilization can grow much faster, if your HQ is level 20 and your other buildings too, your just as advanced as the planet and stations with tech level 10 on the GoF2 map to me.

The whole point of making it somewhat customizeable is to make each station unique, which improves the world by making it look nicer.

I partly disagree on that stations should only be built by planets with a level 20 HQ, yes they should be built when your at a high level, but not from the Headquarters, they should be built in the shipyard.. It just makes sense when it is made from the shipyard. I see the shipyard as some kind of orbital construction building, which makes sense if you think about the building making huge battle cruisers. How hard must it be to make such a thing and launch it into space? Any NASA rocket scientist can tell you, that a battle cruiser weighting tons is not very likely to get into orbit, therefore, it is easier to build it in space.
Tuna

Tuna
I still don't understand the need for commodities. Also would station facilities be upgradable? And I still think it makes more sense to build the station in the HQ, because the HQ it the largest building and likely has some form of launch facility/space connection anyway. I like the idea of modular construction, but it would be difficult to find the best design. And I also think it should be possible to take down a station.
Last edited by Tar'Guih on 20. December 2015 13:15, edited 5 times in total.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
Ipad
Then we should give them a proper use.

Then it makes sense to do make the space station on the HQ.

The different facility modules would indeed be upgradeable to a bigger size if there is space for it(forgot to put on the explanation of modular construction), as for the best design, the best design would only be the most efficient in space and time to build, but facility modules need to be connected with tubes that are like sticks with different sizes which have 4 attachment points, 2 on the front and back and 2 on the sides on the middle. People will most likely use the smallest tubes but it would still be open to many efficient designs. I expect to see a space station with 2 long tubes made of many smaller ones with facility rooms on the sides of the control center as a very efficient design, but there could probably be more, a control center with small tubes which link to the facility modules which link to small tubes which link to facility modules etc. as a very efficient design too. Tubes would be very cheap to build and Facility modules more expensive than upgrading buildings to a high level.

Why would you need to take down a station?

Also: I like to question everything, just accepting everything that your told isn't going to get us anywhere, we need to think about it, why are things the way they do, etc.
Tuna

Tuna
I'm sure people would have their reasons for taking down a space station. It seems strange that once you put a space station up its impossible to take it down without abandoning the planet.
Last edited by Tar'Guih on 20. December 2015 13:16, edited 2 times in total.
Algae

Algae
It's probably too much for the game, will the game crash after update all those staffs?