Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Herring

Herring
Seriously. If you're going to ad-spam the guide during a live game, can't the game at least check if it is already downloaded/installed? Please? Pretty please? :)
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
iPhone5 15in Retina MacbookPro
It is not spam, you only see it on the front page, and why do you care anyway?
Herring

Herring
It's not only on the front page. Play the game for a bit and up pops a window advertising the guide right in the middle of the game. I care because I don't like that kind of interruption in the middle of gameplay (even for something as nifty as the guide) especially when I already have it installed. If it popped up that window in the beginning of the game, say on loading a save file, that wouldn't be nearly as intrusive.
Orca

Orca
Device / OS:
iPhone 4S
Never happened to me. o.0 Maybe it just pops up in the beginning. ^^

Regards

YangYang88
Tuna

Tuna
Maybe there could be a very good reason I save older versions of all the apps I have...It's only 20GB on disk, but still...I do have GOF 1.0.4 on disk...When did they remove the Pulseflect and its ilk from the game? I might have a version that still has that...huh

I haven't seen it pop up, but if this statement was true, I'd say that would be very unwelcome. I personally don't need and don't want the "Guide" -- I just consult the Wiki if I am missing something.
Orca

Orca
Hello fellow pilots,

The in-game-advertising has been available by mistake to users who bought Galaxy on Fire 2 in the past. We now de-activated the advertising for those players and hope these ads won't be shown again. There is however a small chance that you'll see those ads after a re-installment of the game again and we are going to investigate this issue further. Should you still receive the in-game ads as a paid user please let us know within this thread where and how often the advertising pops up.

In addition, please keep in mind that we'll have to monetize a free app like the SD version as well in order to earn some real credits as a developer.

Regarding to the in-game-advertising of our own products, such as the game guide or the add-ons, we will check if it’s possible to de-activate the ads if you have those in-app-purchases installed.

Best regards,

Sebastian
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
OS X 10.8.2 & iOS 6.0.1
Cool. Nothing miffs me more than seeing ads in an app I paid for.
Orca

Orca
Device / OS:
iPhone 4S
Solidus0079 wrote:Cool. Nothing miffs me more than seeing ads in an app I paid for.

Look above. *facepalm* xD (Don't take it offensive with the facepalm, I was just joking. ;D) This should explain it and I think like this the ads are acceptable. I mean, Fishlabs needs money too...

Regards

YangYang88
Dolphin

Dolphin
Unread post Ads... Don't forget Android! by Trubo_XL » 30. November 2012 09:07
LOL! Free games comes with hidden ads...

I hope this also applies to what I stated regarding the same situation the Android version...

...and add an option to buy the "Deactivate Ads" in Android too!

Regards,
Trubo
Plankton

Plankton
Device / OS:
iPad 4, iPhone 5
I have GOF 2 HD on both my iPad 4 and iPhone 5 and I see two ads pop up in almost every play session. First I see the ad for the non GOF game (forget its name at the moment), then I see an ad asking me to buy... GOF 2 HD, the exact game I'm playing.

This almost always seems to happen when I'm docked and am switching between ship, shop and blueprint menus.

Please remove these, especially the ad to buy the very game I'm playing.