Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Herring

Herring
After Loma trading was neutered a bit by the developers, I struggled to find a good way to earn cash to pay for all of those new ships. Bounty hunting and Space Lounge missions are fun, but the pay sucks. I needed trading to work again. So... I mapped out 3 trade routes that I now run. The first is a loop of the galaxy, hitting all of the systems that have more than 1 planet that is high tech (7 or more). I purchased the Rhino, with upgraded armor, equipment slots, and cargo space. I equip the Rhino with Polytron Boost, T'yol, Hiroto Ultrascan, Fluxed matter sheild, Shadow Ninja, Pandora Leech and 3 Rhodas. I keep an extra 3 Rhodas and a Ketar Repair Bot 2 in the Cargo, just in case I want to use them later. You will need about 70,000,000 credits to complete the full Rhino Run. If you have less, you will have to jump to Loma to sell as soon as you run out of money and start the route over, or where you left off (doesn't matter). The success of this run is based on a simple premise: Buy high profit margin items, and avoid unecessary delays (like fighting). This is why my Rhino is totally defensive only (like there is much of a choice with that tub). You can place a turret and secondaries if you like, but it isn't worth the time to bother. Space lounge missions are also avoided as they waste trading time, and don't provide enough payoff to warrant the distraction. When I enter a system, I immediately boost toward the station to dock as quickly as possible. I use the Ninja if necessary, but the Rhino is such an iron-hide pig, I almost never have to. I have identified several high margin items to purchase on the trade route. Most of which have a minimum yield of $4,000. Here is the list:

(ITEMS WITH AN ASTERISK ARE HIGH MARGIN ITEMS OF PARTICULAR INTEREST - BUY THESE OVER ANY OTHER ITEM IF YOU HAVE TO MAKE A CHOICE!)

Berger Converge IV
M6 A2 COUGAR
DIA EMP MK III
RIDIL BLASTER
TYRFING BLASTER
MAXHEAT o20
NIRAI .50A5
BERGER FLAK 9-9 *
SUNFIRE o50 *
HAMMERHEAD D2A2
LKSAAR
BERGER A6T 20MM *
SKULD AT XR *
MATADOR T5
D'IOL
AB-3 KINGFISHER
ME'AL
HIROTO PROSCAN
HIROTO ULTRASCAN
IMT EXTRACT 4.0X
U'TOOL
RHODA VORTEX *
KETAR REPAIR BOT 2 *

AB-4 OCTOPUS *
POLYTRON BOOST *
NIRAI SPP-C1
SPECTRAL FILTER ST-X
ORGANS (SUTEO, V'ikka AND PAN ONLY)
VOSSK ORGANS (ANYWHERE)
IMPLANTS (WOLF REISER AND AQUILA ONLY)

The only reason I bother with the Organs and Implants is due to the fact you can purchase them in vast quantities (mostly), making it worth the effort to trade.

This is a long list, but necessary because of the randomness that these items show up at stations. If you only focus on Turrets, or Rhodas, etc., you will spend a lot more time bouncing around trying to fill your cargo hold.

Here is the route (hit all tech 7 or greater stations):

(an asterisk indiates a high yield system for high tech items)

Start at Eanya
Nesla
Weymire
Pareah *
Suteo *
Buntta
Pan *
Vikka
S'kloptorr
K'ontrr
Me'enkk
Y'mirr *
Wah'norr
Vulpes
Beidan (worth it for the tech 10 station and no pirates)
Prospero
Wolf-Reiser (worth it for the tech 10 station and no pirates)
Aquila *
Loma - Last stop to sell. Use Quineros, as there isn't a jump gate to lengthen your trip to the station.

Crap systems to avoid: Magnetar, Augmenta, Oom-bak, Nesla, Mido, Ginoya, Talidor, Union, Ni'mrrod

This route will net you 10,000,000 credits at least. Enough to buy a ship, plus some.

The other route I run is basically the same except I only hit the high yield systems. (Pareah, Suteo, Pan, Y'mirr, Aquila). I do this route over and over until I run out of money or cargo space. I will then hit Loma.

Another route that is a bit more localized is a 2 system "ping-pong" route between Suteo and Pan. I'll bounce back and forth between these 2 systems until I spend all my credits or run out of space, then sell at Loma.

I am sure there are many more strategies. I like these because it has good ratio of credits earned per unit of time. If anyone has a better one, I would love to hear it.

Happy trading!
Tuna

Tuna
Cool and all that, but I like trading Keith T. Maxwell style, blowing pirates up and selling their remnants back at their buddies.
Herring

Herring
A fun way to go, but not enough profitability for the time expended. I do love seeing those cargo ships blow up, however! I like the idea of selling the pirates back stuff they already owned previously.
Tuna

Tuna
Yes, Loma is pretty much the safest zone in the game when you're rolling a fully armed and operational Specter. You can never know what you're going to get, and Looting - Missions - "Going into Firefights with an Octopus" trio are the only sensible ways to make money on Extreme mode. Anything less, trading works.

Well the missions at level 20 are nothing to sneeze at either, you get about 100-150k+ loot and sometimes even 200k+loot per mission, and every now and then you find that guy who pays 2.000.000 for 15 Vossk organs.
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
iPhone5 15in Retina MacbookPro
I just circle around pan until i run out of money or space.
Tuna

Tuna
What is wrong with keeping an eye on the station for people who want stuff like 5t Basic Food for a profit of like $80K?
Herring

Herring
Mk.559 wrote:What is wrong with keeping an eye on the station for people who want stuff like 5t Basic Food for a profit of like $80K?

I used to always do this whenever I was flying around trying to stock up on tradeable goods. And it happened a lot too. Very often with cheap and simple goods that were readily available right on the same station. I'd never even do the mission unless it was on the station, but I was able to do it pretty often.

Still, I suppose it took a little time away to enter every lounge and check every person. It was small money (compared to trading) every time since the really lucrative missions (like vosskk organs) wouldn't really happen when the item was in stock. But it did easily pay for energy cell use while I was jumping around. More than paid for it really.
Tuna

Tuna
How long does it take to run this Rhino route? When I was building up from like 1mil to work up to 60mil to buy Kaamo (I wanted 30mil surplus so I don't have to work from scratch again), it took me hours and hours of mindless boringass trading. I wrote down all the items that would give me at least 3-5k profit, and would note which ones were worth it or not (for example, the Matador turret gave like I think 30k from a lot of places, but not necessarily worth it given its high cost). Anyway, the point being that trading is just flat out boring. :(
Herring

Herring
Until the developers create a patch that makes lounge missions pay in the millions, or freighters carry more than just space waste and towels, we have to do some boring crap like trading to build up funds. Running about picking up salvage after fights just doesn't pay enough for the time expenditure.
Herring

Herring
I like the two system ping pong between Suteo and Pan, and yep a full hold will get you 10,000,000.
And yes it is boring but some days you get to take you favourite ship out and just shoot things, you don't have much choice as they all have tiny holds.
I just started playing this on a second device after supernova came out and discovered a little glitch, on my iPhone when you went to the lounges the people that asked you for certain thing cycled through a list, when you said no to them and then spoke to them again they asked for different things, you could load up with Busk and Vosk organs and just cycle through till it came up and collect big time. Then just move on to the next station and do it again. That gets boring to but it did pay quite well. I think they fixed it.