Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Algae

Algae
Device / OS:
Note 8
Unread post Gof2 HD Saves Android by josha » 29. July 2013 04:43
i tried transfering gavesave from tablet to phone for GoF2 same version both devices and it keeps saying "an error has occured please try again later"
Algae

Algae
Device / OS:
Note 8
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by josha » 30. July 2013 07:46
have you guys implemented a new security feature on these saves if i copy it from one device to another it wont work keeps giving error tried it back and forth between 3 devices always gives the error but works fine on same device if reinstalled
Shrimp

Shrimp
Device / OS:
Nexus 5 Android 5.0
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by sword-fish » 30. July 2013 09:44
Hi guys,

I also have this problem. To give youu more details, I tried to migrate my saves:
from the xperia version on my nexus 4 to the new version on my Transformer prime TF201
from the new version on my nexus 4 to the new version on my Transformer prime TF201

No one of them was working by moving the two files:
- gof2_game_save_preview_1
- gof2_game_save_1

Any error in the process?
Shrimp

Shrimp
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by tselling » 30. July 2013 17:25
I have same problem with saves across two tablets. Gives err and to try later. Really wish this would get fixed soon.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
HTC EVO 4G LTE Android 4.1.2
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by Fifth313ment » 30. July 2013 18:44
Please read the link below for your answer:

viewtopic.php?lang=en&f=29&t=7271

Also don't bother purchasing the add-ons or spending money as IAP's ruined the game. See my post here:

viewtopic.php?lang=en&f=29&t=7417

You'll start to notice all the huge price increases on everything in the game. Don't waste your time and simply install the older version on your phone. The graphics still look great on it and you won't waste your time and money.

5th
Algae

Algae
Device / OS:
Note 8
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by josha » 30. July 2013 21:12
That still doesnt help if you cant transfer across devices they better fix this they advertise that you can.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by Fifth313ment » 30. July 2013 21:25
I am willing to bet the reason you can't transfer saves is the fact they want you to start over with no money so you have to buy their insanely priced credit packs. THEY ARE SCAMMERS. So no they will never enable support for save game transfers as they are greedy.

5th
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
iPhone 5 : Note 10.1 2014
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by Sy Borg » 31. July 2013 05:38
Fifth313ment wrote:I am willing to bet the reason you can't transfer saves is the fact they want you to start over with no money so you have to buy their insanely priced credit packs. THEY ARE SCAMMERS. So no they will never enable support for save game transfers as they are greedy.

5th

Possibly. I also think the issue is because the save file format has changed. I think there is additional security now to ensure that any 'tampering' results in an error (maybe a checksum included in the file).
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by Fifth313ment » 31. July 2013 05:42
Sy Borg wrote:
Fifth313ment wrote:I am willing to bet the reason you can't transfer saves is the fact they want you to start over with no money so you have to buy their insanely priced credit packs. THEY ARE SCAMMERS. So no they will never enable support for save game transfers as they are greedy.

5th

Possibly. I also think the issue is because the save file format has changed. I think there is additional security now to ensure that any 'tampering' results in an error (maybe a checksum included in the file).
To me that would be a waste and I just can't see it. They know the warez crew is going to hack the game no matter what encyption they use. Plus the game is free, so why bother? I think they simply can't accept people transferring over game saves with huge amounts of money. That would defeat the purpose of their whole money scheme. If the hackers come out with a hack to enable money, I will be the first in line to pay for it over anything else Fishlabs puts out.

5th
Shrimp

Shrimp
Device / OS:
Nexus 7 flo
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by incredibob » 31. July 2013 16:54
At the very least the FAQ on this subject needs to be updated.

I've been wanting this game since I first saw it over a year and finally got a device that can play it (Nexus 7 flo) last Friday. I eagerly grabbed all the DLC and spent the weekend playing this game and put in 17+ hours. Monday I read the FAQ saying the save games can be copied and transferred and had no qualm flashing my device to unlock and root it.

Now I get to start all over again with a sour taste in my mouth...

As a user who mods and roms my devices frequently, I can't support this amazing game if I can't backup my saves.