Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Orca

Orca
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by SebastianG » 8. August 2013 11:10
Hello MorphiousGX,

I guess we'll refund you IAP (credits) as soon as you ticket will be answered.

In addition I apologize for the current waiting time and we'll contact you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Sebastian
Shrimp

Shrimp
Device / OS:
Nexus 7 flo
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by incredibob » 8. August 2013 17:11
SebastianG wrote:Hello fellow pilots,

I didn't get the point that the saves can't be restored on the same device after new ROM installation. Thank you for pointing out that issue again and I'll forward it directly to our development team. Anyway, we can't guarantee that this will be changed, since we don't support any custom ROM at the moment.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Just so it is clear, this was all done on stock 4.3 android. If you wipe your device the save game will not work on the same exact stock image.
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
iPhone 3G(S), iPad 2,AtrixHD
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by aum1020 » 9. August 2013 00:28
I'd like to say a few words about the same issue I've experienced. I have purchased the GoF2 THD version back in the day. I've had installed and uninstalled the game numerous times and it always somehow saved my data.I have no idea how but since I have installed the HD all Android version and reinstalled it despite saving data and obb files it is not working and gives the error message. Not only that it also isn't saving it as it used to with THD version. Let say I wanted to try uninstall and re-install the game no matter what level or progress is completely lost. I hope there is a fix for this . I also would like to share that even if the achievements tab is connected will not sync if it was activated later in the game . I personally thought this might have been the reason for not saving,unfortunately I was wrong . I'm still not convinced on buying the add-on ,but eventually I will simply because I don't want to lose the progress if I am way ahead in the game and something happens like the people before me explained happened to them. I will stick to the free to play game only for now.
Regards to the devs outstanding work. Keep it up!
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
Sony Xperia Z1 | Android 4.4.4
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by Ingvarr100th » 9. August 2013 10:36
The best solution for save games is Google Cloud Save which is avaiable in Android SDK. I don't know why Fishlabs not implemented this feature with another Google Play Games features like leaderboars or achievments.
https://developers.google.com/games/ser ... /cloudsave
Algae

Algae
Device / OS:
Samsug Galaxy Note II / Carbon
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by astromedia » 9. August 2013 12:41
Ingvarr100th wrote:The best solution for save games is Google Cloud Save which is avaiable in Android SDK. I don't know why Fishlabs not implemented this feature with another Google Play Games features like leaderboars or achievments.
https://developers.google.com/games/ser ... /cloudsave

Thats exactly what i hoped for when i changed my rom yesterday. Its realy disapointing - i have save files, game shows them but dont let me use them {roll eyes}. Saves on Android platform are one of most important things in game development so pleas fix this so we can use them again. If you solve this problem Galaxy on Fire will be one of best games on Android. Thx you for your work.
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by vajuaglt » 10. August 2013 05:05
MorphiousGX wrote:Yesterday morning I get notified to get an offical OTA (Over The Air) update from my carrier updating the software on my phone. I did a Full Titanium Backup (I didn't do nandroid though and I regret it). I also followed the FAQ and saved the "save" files and their respective preview files as per the instructions for Android dbuying. I saved them on my SD card for safekeep. Then Proceeded with the update and rebooted the phone.

I was ANGRY when tried to play the game and resume only to find out that I get the dreaded "Error can't load try later" that everyone seems to be getting. Nothing changed, no data was wiped. It still had the "resume" and the "load" and I can see the files just fine with the right stations and amounts of credits I have. But I couldn't play. So this issue is not related to "custom roms" only. It also applies to OEM software as well since my phone has not been flashed with non official rom. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, as well as copy the files of the saved games into the directory as per the FAQ, yet get the same results.

Please Fix this issue. IF you cannot fix it, I would seriously request a refund for the payments for the In App Purchase of credits that I made since it would not be fair to me as a consumer to pay for something I didn't get to use due to a defect in your software. I would be more than willing to provide the transaction numbers should you choose that route. However I would RATHER you actually fix the issue so I can play this awesome game.

Thanks for your share, it's very good
Plankton

Plankton
Device / OS:
Note 2 JB 4.1 & N 7 JB 4.3
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by Seekerg » 14. August 2013 14:29
Seriously guys... This is a huge issue.

Just some background about me. A year ago I bought the THD version and played it through. This was by far the best game on Android and I loved every minute of it. I'm totally fine with having to start over with this new version (OK, slightly grumpy, but understanding...). I'm really excited that the expansion packs are available. I have a Note 2 which is my daily driver, a Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 (I share these with my wife and son... so only get these at night). I went searching the web for how to pass the save games among these devices. When I saw Google Play Games integration I thought that would allow it... Nope. Saw the FAQ about manually copying the files... Fine I'll do that... Nope. That doesn't work... Get the "Info: An error has occurred. Please Try again Later." But now I find this thread that infers my save game progress is locked to one device... Big problem... Big BIG Problem. So are you telling me Mr game maker that If I have to factory reset my device (not for romming, but to fix a slow device- It happens in Android...) I loose any progress in my save game? Ok, what if my device breaks? Get's lost? Or god forbid I upgrade to a new device? (That new Nexus 7 2013 looks good, or the Note 3 [work pays for that]). So for any of those things I'd need to start over from scratch?!? We're not talking about a Tetris high score... I'd be loosing hours and hours of game play building off each other. NOT COOL. Oh and the excuse of " Unfortunately the save games of Galaxy on Fire 2 HD on Android Can't be transferred to another device due to technical restrictions. " is a real BS answer.

When I first saw this was back on the play store for any device I was soo stoked. OK you had me. I saw the expansion packs and WOW there are two... Yep I'm getting that! Kaamo club, VIP... Count me IN! I's all set to buy the next 12 expansion packs... You had a "lifer"... Heck I might have even tossed you some coin for a IAP or two... NOT NOW. Until you guys find a way that I don't waste hours of my life building my little universe in your game then to have to toss it away when my device dies... Not happening.

Get that Google play cloud save working and I'm yours... Until then, not a DIME...

(Oh I feel this strongly that I registered on your forum just to type this out... I don't normally do that...)
I know it is hard to tell, but I really do Love this game. You guys did a great job with this. It does well in the tradition of "Elite", "Privateer" and "Freelancer". All games I've bought played and enjoyed. I've already bought your game GOF2 THD. I'd be willing to buy this one again too... We are your core audience...

Thank you for all your effort and time working on this game, now don't screw it up!
Shrimp

Shrimp
Device / OS:
Galaxy S3/Android 4.1.2
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by MorphiousGX » 17. August 2013 12:52
/Sebastian,
I got a response from the support team and I'm very unhappy.

Here is what I was told

"Thank you very much for contacting the Fishlabs support team.

We're sorry to hear you've lost your saved progress. Unfortunately we don't have means to edit your save nor can we provide you a new one, as the saves are bound to the device. Furthermore, our refund policy doesn’t cover these cases; as such we’re afraid we can’t offer you a refund.

Should you require further assistance just contact us again.

Best regards,

The Fishlabs Support Team
https://support.fishlabs.net/"

So your software has bugs and I'm paying for it? Not acceptable.

Can you help?
Algae

Algae
Device / OS:
Samsung Galaxy S3/Android 4.2
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by Sono » 17. August 2013 15:07
I am disappointed with save game bug as everybody else here.
So now they say that saves are bound to the device. But the standard google play policy is that everything is bound to your account and you can use it on all of your devices. And many people have more then one phone or a phone and a tablet. And with other games there is no problem transferring backups between devices. And here I can't make a backup even for one device.
So if they don’t want to follow the default google play policy that everyone expects they at least should mention it on play store page so that people who don’t like that will not waste money on the game.
And it's not just a bog with saves on different devices. You get broken save games even on the same device if you upgrade firmware or do a factory reset. So it's a really annoying bug and is not acceptable.
Algae

Algae
Device / OS:
Samsug Galaxy Note II / Carbon
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by astromedia » 17. August 2013 22:50
MorphiousGX wrote:We're sorry to hear you've lost your saved progress. Unfortunately we don't have means to edit your save nor can we provide you a new one, as the saves are bound to the device.

If there is required some save editing to fix this isue Im sure you could release some "Save fixer" app that will do the work :)