Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Plankton

Plankton
Device / OS:
HTC One / Android 4.2.2
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by derrikcurran » 2. August 2013 17:02
Same problem here. Without a solution, all my progress is lost, the money I spent is lost and I'll most likely leave a bad review and abandon the game.

I just backed up my saves, installed a new ROM and restored my saves. I'm unable to load them! I get the "An error has occurred. Please try again later."

What's more - the FAQ says what I'm doing should work. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a fix?
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
HTC EVO 4G LTE Android 4.1.2
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by Fifth313ment » 3. August 2013 18:58
incredibob wrote:At the very least the FAQ on this subject needs to be updated.

I've been wanting this game since I first saw it over a year and finally got a device that can play it (Nexus 7 flo) last Friday. I eagerly grabbed all the DLC and spent the weekend playing this game and put in 17+ hours. Monday I read the FAQ saying the save games can be copied and transferred and had no qualm flashing my device to unlock and root it.

Now I get to start all over again with a sour taste in my mouth...

As a user who mods and roms my devices frequently, I can't support this amazing game if I can't backup my saves.
Wait until you get started again and see all the new "changes". You won't want to play anymore. More info at link below:

viewtopic.php?lang=en&f=29&t=7417

5th
Orca

Orca
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by SebastianG » 6. August 2013 13:47
Hello fellow pilots,

Unfortunately the save games of Galaxy on Fire 2 HD on Android can't be transferred to another device due to technical restrictions.

Best regards,

Sebastian
Shrimp

Shrimp
Device / OS:
Nexus 7 flo
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by incredibob » 6. August 2013 17:04
SebastianG wrote:Hello fellow pilots,

Unfortunately the save games of Galaxy on Fire 2 HD on Android can't be transferred to another device due to technical restrictions.

Best regards,

Sebastian

The larger issue isn't that saves can't be transferred across devices, but that they can't be restored on the same device.

If I want to try out a new rom, I lose all my game progress.

If this is to prevent in game credits fraud, an approach that could be taken is that progress and items can be restored, but credits are reset to 0. Several other games use this method. It's better than nothing.

Even better would be a pay version of the application that would enable transferring saves (and possibly restoring the THD gameplay as others have mentioned).

As a developer myself I'd be happy to offer my services for free to help overcome the technical restrictions, under an NDA of course, to help support this awesome game.
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
Sony Xperia Z1 | Android 4.4.4
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by Ingvarr100th » 6. August 2013 19:04
incredibob wrote:
If this is to prevent in game credits fraud, an approach that could be taken is that progress and items can be restored, but credits are reset to 0. Several other games use this method. It's better than nothing.

Even better would be a pay version of the application that would enable transferring saves (and possibly restoring the THD gameplay as others have mentioned).

As a developer myself I'd be happy to offer my services for free to help overcome the technical restrictions, under an NDA of course, to help support this awesome game.

It's good idea to wipe credits but not block game state, but Fishlabs make hash, based on non-specified item on the system, and added it to save game :sad:, same way blocking advanced users to backup savegames.
Fortunately for me changes betwen revisions of CM10.1 doesn't make my saves unsuable.
Shrimp

Shrimp
Device / OS:
Nexus 7 flo
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by incredibob » 6. August 2013 19:32
Ingvarr100th wrote:It's good idea to wipe credits but not block game state, but Fishlabs make hash, based on non-specified item on the system, and added it to save game :sad:, same way blocking advanced users to backup savegames.
Fortunately for me changes betwen revisions of CM10.1 doesn't make my saves unsuable.

Interesting. All I did was unlock my bootloader on stock 4.3 and the save wouldn't carry over...
Algae

Algae
Device / OS:
Note 8
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by josha » 7. August 2013 02:11
fix it so we can restore saves from a save server then,this is iritating people if a device fails we lose all progress we all know its possible to transfer
Orca

Orca
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by SebastianG » 7. August 2013 08:44
Hello fellow pilots,

I didn't get the point that the saves can't be restored on the same device after new ROM installation. Thank you for pointing out that issue again and I'll forward it directly to our development team. Anyway, we can't guarantee that this will be changed, since we don't support any custom ROM at the moment.

Best regards,

Sebastian
Shrimp

Shrimp
Device / OS:
Galaxy S3/Android 4.1.2
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by MorphiousGX » 7. August 2013 09:50
I just registered to add more to this discussion.

I think the issue is far more worse than it sounds.

I logged over 12 hours on this game over the weekend. I spent about 20 for IAP (all the addons and some credits). To my surprise, I had an Over The Air Update (OTA) and rebooted the phone, and my game is no longer playable. I get the dreaded "Error try later" message that you are getting as well.

I emailed support and got the response with the "Ticket" number should you want to track this as well
[Ticket#2013080610000361]
I made a back up for my data before I did the update. Put it in a zip file, and proceeded with the update.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game and restore the data by copying the save and preview files as per the FAQ, and still nothing.

Please fix it soon. IF you cannot fix the issue, I would ask you to refund my IAP for the game credits I paid for (not the Add-Ons). As it would not be fair for me to spend the money to get some credits and not be able to use them due to "malfunction" you cannot fix.
Shrimp

Shrimp
Device / OS:
Galaxy S3/Android 4.1.2
Unread post Re: Gof2 HD Saves Android by MorphiousGX » 7. August 2013 17:24
I think the issue is far more worse than it seems.

I had logged in 12 hours over the weekend playing the game. I also spent over $20 between Add-Ons and also some "credits" for use with the game (upgrade ships and the works).

Yesterday morning I get notified to get an offical OTA (Over The Air) update from my carrier updating the software on my phone. I did a Full Titanium Backup (I didn't do nandroid though and I regret it). I also followed the FAQ and saved the "save" files and their respective preview files as per the instructions for Android. I saved them on my SD card for safekeep. Then Proceeded with the update and rebooted the phone.

I was ANGRY when tried to play the game and resume only to find out that I get the dreaded "Error can't load try later" that everyone seems to be getting. Nothing changed, no data was wiped. It still had the "resume" and the "load" and I can see the files just fine with the right stations and amounts of credits I have. But I couldn't play. So this issue is not related to "custom roms" only. It also applies to OEM software as well since my phone has not been flashed with non official rom. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, as well as copy the files of the saved games into the directory as per the FAQ, yet get the same results.

Please Fix this issue. IF you cannot fix it, I would seriously request a refund for the payments for the In App Purchase of credits that I made since it would not be fair to me as a consumer to pay for something I didn't get to use due to a defect in your software. I would be more than willing to provide the transaction numbers should you choose that route. However I would RATHER you actually fix the issue so I can play this awesome game.