Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post GYRO or I'm not sure if I care by Feral Oxide » 11. December 2016 02:23
Looks swell, but without Gyro control it has NONE of the immediacy and I'm really flying feel of 1 and 2.
I may be fickle, but I doubt if I'll last more than an hour without that immersion. I dislike D pad style controls and really miss the feel and flow of the first two plus extras. I'll throw money at this, but only if it feels like fun. Right now, not so much, I think
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
None anymore
Unread post Re: GYRO or I'm not sure if I care by marckup » 12. December 2016 06:39
You kinda get used to it, if not into it.
The biggest problem though, is the navigation. With GOF2, you could fur ball through a sector, and still know which way was home.
Here, it is more confusing, even though it is more constrained. If I have to do another "fragment" mission, where I fly aimlessly though space junk while that drone doesn't have a clue, I am going to puke.

The concept of scavenging for stuff isn't bad at all, but at least let us blast some things and find materials to pick up, sell, etc.

Oh and by the way... Flying past rock spewing Glow without a mining laser makes me ask myself why I am here...

The game has so much potential but unfortunately nothing DS capitalized on. The devs that built GOF2 couldn't all have left could they?
Community Manager

Community Manager
Unread post Re: GYRO or I'm not sure if I care by Rebu » 13. December 2016 11:17
Hey,

the feedback that many of you would like to have accelerometer based controls in the game has been passed on to the team. We will keep you posted about this.
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
iPhone 6, Mac
Unread post Re: GYRO or I'm not sure if I care by bousozoku » 14. December 2016 06:38
After a couple of days, I'm getting accustomed to the directional pad, but it isn't smooth, and seems to get stuck to the left.

I appreciate the Nimbus controller on the Apple TV version. While it could work on the iPhone version, and I've used it for other games, it's a bit odd trying to find a place for the phone.
Community Manager

Community Manager
Unread post Re: GYRO or I'm not sure if I care by Rebu » 14. December 2016 08:37
Hey,

the game for the Apple TV is not the same game as for iOS. These are two different games ;)