Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post Feedback on game after finishing. by natefish1 » 28. December 2015 05:56
I posted this somewhere else, but it may have been the wrong place.

First, let me just say that I have been playing GOF games ever since the first GOF.So, I just played all three chapters of Manticore Rising. I was really hoping for a more traditional GOF experience than what I experienced. While playing on the larger screen was fun with my new Apple TV, the gameplay got to be very repetitive. All I did was frantically--and maniacally--fly around in a swirling frenzy trying to get a lock on the enemy long enough to get a couple shots in. Not the strategic dogfighting that we've known and loved in the past. While the look of the game is beautiful, the gameplay left this long-time GOF fan feeling lacking. Especially for spending $7. If the game were $4, I probably wouldn't have taken the time to come in here and log this complaint.
Still looking forward to GOF Manticore in hopes that it still has the stations and missions format.

Started this topic to see what others think.
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post Re: Feedback on game after finishing. by Kykazaa » 26. March 2016 19:28
When I first played Manticore rising I had some of the same concerns. It's really difficult gameplay and felt more like luck when I killed ships as opposed to being able to use skill to target them. Almost like it just needs slowed down a bit - could be the faster processor in Apple TV? It was also really short with only 3 levels with 15 waves. It's a nice intro, but pricey for an intro. Hoping that GOF3 is discounted for those of us that played the intro. ALso, I enjoyed the back and forth of GOF2 where you would have a series of first person shooter, then the storyline and purchasing ships, etc. I liked that balance and hope GOF3 goes back to that style.

Overall, I would say graphics are good, gameplay was ok (but nearly impossible to master), story was ok (albeit short) and it was expensive for the length.