Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Herring

Herring
I understand that the developers wanted to make something different, not just a GOF2 remake, and I understand that they needed a better business model to profit off of the game. Both of which I can see the reasons behind and respect. However, the game concept itself simply was a disappointment.

For starters, the objects in the map can sometimes be incredibly intrusive. They're hard to get around, and make some levels very frustrating. My main point however, is the gameplay. It is basically repeating the same contracts over and over again for a chance to get stuff that will eventually allow you to fight a boss. And that is essentially it. Unlike GOF2, I can't possibly see what the point would be after you complete the story. Collecting lore fragments is about it. And besides for amusement, lore is pretty much meaningless otherwise. If you care about it that much, you could probably just search up online where someone else has recorded all of the lore's contents previously.

Not much else to say really. It's just an empty game with very little gameplay value and lacking in everything but graphics, where you can clearly tell they spent most of their time on instead.
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
None anymore
A second that motion.

Now at level 11, it is clearly apparent that the intent is to soak up resources to entice further in app purchases.
At first missions were laughable at best, so I cranked it up to veteran to ensure some challenge.
Now the missions are essentially impossible, with clear intent to drive to the "revive" button. Why? nothing is lost by clicking X.
The obstructions are annoying at best as they jostle you around for no good reason.
You can't stop, the drone on explorer missions is useless, and as said previously, the mission contents are repetitive.

The "storyline" is a micro wikipedia build from the frustrating fragments.
The bosses aren't. They are usually the easiest to kill

Game balance is seriously flawed, whereas the purchasing system is, as expected, overeager. I managed to buy a useless ship for 1600glow without warning.

This game has about as much in common with galaxy on fire as Alliances.
More in common with Alliances.

I've been closed beta for many games, so I'll stick around to see if it can be managed, but my outlook is poor.
You guys took a wining franchise and are now killing it. You only get two tries at this. GOFA was a loser already, this one is shaping up to be next.
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
None anymore
In all fairness, the graphics are absolutely beautiful. If this were an open world to fly around, I'd pay 50$ + to do this storyline with the original GOFA engine and trading mechanism. You have all the components, such as new ships, weapons to build, etc.
Idea, awesome.
Implementation, simian.
Plankton

Plankton
AGREED !

DONT HURRY WITH THE NEXT UPDATE, LISTEN TO YOUR FANS.
JUST DO IT RIGHT FOR THE NEXT UPDATE.

THANKS
Algae

Algae
I have things I agree and disagree with about in the first post. The missions are repetitive, so much so that with the exception of some of the story-based missions it feels more like you're just piloting an in-game flight simulator rather than participating in a universe. But I disagree about the objects in the maps. To me, that was a major, positive addition over Galaxy on Fire 2. Ducking and dodging between structures in a building adds another dimension to fighting that I find welcome, and it makes the environments feel a bit more unique.

One thing I wanted to comment on:
marckup wrote:Now at level 11, it is clearly apparent that the intent is to soak up resources to entice further in app purchases.
At first missions were laughable at best, so I cranked it up to veteran to ensure some challenge.
Now the missions are essentially impossible, with clear intent to drive to the "revive" button. Why? nothing is lost by clicking X.
The obstructions are annoying at best as they jostle you around for no good reason.
You can't stop, the drone on explorer missions is useless, and as said previously, the mission contents are repetitive.

The "storyline" is a micro wikipedia build from the frustrating fragments.
The bosses aren't. They are usually the easiest to kill

Game balance is seriously flawed, whereas the purchasing system is, as expected, overeager. I managed to buy a useless ship for 1600glow without warning.

The balance is a bit weird. At the start of the game it was ridiculously easy; you have little in the way of equipment to upgrade, and even on "veteran" mode it felt incredibly easy. I maxed out my Moornta (first Scout-class ship you get) and was dominating everything. At some point - around the time the Atlas is offered - it becomes a bit more difficult. Once your shields go out, you can get two-hit killed (and that happens very fast). I'm now at level 16 and completed Act II, and in some ways this hasn't changed. What has changed is the tactics. You rarely want to take a group of enemies that just appeared on the map head-on, and in many cases you need to use the roll (slide your right finger left or right) more often.

That's it. It's another layer to the combat, but not overly difficult. The reason I mention it is because, despite being level 16 and having a lot more ships, I still favor Scout-class ships... which seems a bit silly. The reasoning gets back to the fighting tactic: Scout-class ships have more "energy" (ability to run the afterburners or dodge more times before the energy bar runs out) than either Fighter-class or Gunship-class ships. They are penalized by having less hull hit points and one less accessory carrying slot (which doesn't matter because it takes forever to acquire those accessories, and I only received my first one midway through Act II from the "free device on day 15" login awards). But because you can hit the afterburners or dodge more frequently, you can easily run away when your shields get low, have them recharge, and then rejoin the battle. Gunships have no advantages over Scouts - they don't hit harder, they can't carry more weapons, they still only fire one weapon at a time - but they have less energy. Once the shields go down, you're basically a sitting duck. Those extra hull hit points let you take a bit more damage, but unless you have wingmen with the healing ability, you're not going to last very long.

I'll post this in the suggestions area, as well, but the point I'm trying to make with this response is that the tech upgrades help (particularly the weapons, which allow you to get through enemies faster), but for the ships themselves... just stick with Scouts, and get used to dodging and running when you need to. The objects on the map provide good cover for breathing room to have your shields recover. Don't go for Gunship-class ships - I had major issues progressing with the Atlas and even the Kassha (or how ever it's spelled) until I acquired the first Vossk Scout-class ship. Scouts from here on out.
Plankton

Plankton
I echo the above about the ships. There is no advantage to going for the supposedly better ships. The Nestarr which is suposedly the best ship in the game so far for instance is just a sitting duck with no real advantages over the Styx say. Surely this needs addressing, I like the above have generally prioritized getting scouts and upgrading them to the max.
Shrimp

Shrimp
I too am very disappointed. They took the game "Deer Hunter" and improved the graphics (which I have to admit are amazing), turned it into a space shooter game. They used everything that the Deer Hunter games used to make money. Just like that game, you do the same missions over and over, get barely enough money to buy or upgrade your weapon and finally hunt the big target (in GOF case being the bosses). There is no original idea or plot. If money is what they wanted, why not just make this a app for purchase? Or just Continue GOF2 with the same map and let us continue to hunt the MOST WANTED list. I would happily pay $50-$100 to purchase the game or ships/weapons if this was an upgrade to the GOF2.

The rockets are meaningless and dont do any damage, Ship upgrades are minimal, the wingmen are more like a pest as they keep bumping you and come in front of your aim and besides giving you a boost or repair they are no good for anything else. I dont know about the rest of you, but my Laser KAT BEAM 8LR (power 510) seems to do twice the damage of Ballistic LOMA DISMANTLER SR 2 (power 1020)!!!!

Also WHY every weapon has to be a blueprint?????? only special weapons should be blueprints. Just like GOF2, There should be many weapons, rockets and gadget that the player can buy with regular gold credits. PLEASE JUST GET YOUR DATABASE OF GOF2 AND DUMP IT INTO GOF3 and you will see how your fans will be in heaven Image Image

And lastly, whats with this ironclad control you put on the game. Everything and every little change needs to be reported to the SERVER!!! If your internet connection switches from LTE to 4G or anything else during game play or fighting missions, it will simply abort your mission. I can not play more than 10 minutes without having to restart the game or to restart my phone.

I still have faith in them however. After all they are the ones behind the awesome GOF 1 & 2. So maybe they will have major improvements in the updates to come Image
Algae

Algae
Device / OS:
Ipad
Yes. Deeply disappointed in this game. I was and am an avid player of gof2. This game is a pale shadow. Yes, the graphics are good, but there is NO storyline. Flying the same missions over and over again, same smarmy dialog, and a disconnected, nonsensical story line. Yes I know it s a game, but gof2 made way more sense. And flying the missions to find intelligence fragments, ship parts, and containers was a contrived waste of time. The Community Manager in another forum made the statement that gof3 contained all the featured of gof2 was baloney. It does not. There is nothing wrong with creating a way to generate revenue, although I would have gladly paid for a gof2 update. But this game was positioned as a successor to gof2 and it is not. Your initial revenue base would have been gof2 players (like me) anxious for the next chapter, but instead you gave us a dud. I sincerly hope that there is going to be an unveiling of gof3 AS an update to gof2 in the very near future.
Algae

Algae
Don't even think about looking at the app. It's a demo, kick start, start designed to take money. Two short acts and 355$, it's over.
Plankton

Plankton
Ive been looking forward to this game for a long time, but now im disappointed. GoF2 was wonderful, funny, and would captivate me for hours on end. Now, at best, I play for an hour and quickly get bored with flying around doing the same old missions time and time again.

Unfortunate.