Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Herring

Herring
Unread post Will GOF3 be playable without WiFi? by ClockworkAlpha » 20. November 2016 05:06
Even though there sounds like there'll be a multiple option, will single player still be available without some kind of internet connectivity?
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and 3
Unread post Re: Will GOF3 be playable without WiFi? by saumnemn » 21. November 2016 03:36
Hopefully since GOF2 was. :D
Community Manager

Community Manager
Unread post Re: Will GOF3 be playable without WiFi? by Rebu » 21. November 2016 08:27
Hey,

Galaxy on Fire 3 Manticore is an online only game. You need at least an EDGE connection to play it.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
Unread post Re: Will GOF3 be playable without WiFi? by saumnemn » 21. November 2016 23:29
Really?
What does it need a connection for?
I know it has the whole invite your friends mode, but what about single player?
That doesn't need a connection.
Community Manager

Community Manager
Unread post Re: Will GOF3 be playable without WiFi? by Rebu » 22. November 2016 08:12
Hey,
the game is syncing your progress with the server behind it. This means, different to GOF 2, your progress won't get lost if your device gets lost or the app has to be reinstalled. All you need to do to secure this is connecting to the Game Center and you won't lose your progress anymore.
Herring

Herring
Device / OS:
Unread post Re: Will GOF3 be playable without WiFi? by saumnemn » 22. November 2016 12:45
Ah,
Cloud save. Ok!
I was hoping for a cloud save function.
But you said game center, hopefully for Android it saves with Google Play Games.
Thanks for the Information.
Community Manager

Community Manager
Unread post Re: Will GOF3 be playable without WiFi? by Rebu » 22. November 2016 14:15
No cloud save, it will save on our servers and the Game Center account/Google Play Account is needed for identification ;)
Herring

Herring
Rebu wrote:No cloud save, it will save on our servers and the Game Center account/Google Play Account is needed for identification :wink:

Sigh, guess that's understandable but still a little bit disappointing for me since i have limited wifi access
Community Manager

Community Manager
Unread post Re: Will GOF3 be playable without WiFi? by Rebu » 1. December 2016 08:46
An Edge connection would already by enough to play it. The data the game exchanges with the server are very small and only contains updates like "finished mission x, started upgrade y, etc."
Plankton

Plankton
So you dont want people hacking in your freemium game. I'd much rather a paid one with no micro transactions and only multiplayer mode requiring internet connection. Mobile games are supposed to be playable where ever you want, whenever you want. Thats the whole point. Yet more and more games are turning into micro transaction filled freemium bs that requires internet connection for "saving progress".