Hello, welcome to the Deep Silver FISHLABS forums!
Please carefully attend our rules and in all time-sensitive cases please contact our support. We hope you enjoy sharing your thoughts with other players.
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
iPhone 6+ iOS8
Unread post Galaxy on Fire 3: Manticore Rising by tekcor » 9. September 2015 20:41
Fish has not confirmed this it seems, but Apple has. From http://developer.apple.com/ front page.

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 3.38.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 3.38.00 PM.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 2282 times

Edit: Attachments don't seem to be loading. https://twitter.com/tekcor/status/641703787174957056 will work until the mods edit the thread.
Last edited by tekcor on 9. September 2015 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
Herring

Herring
Unread post Re: Galaxy on Fire 3: Manticore Rising by Brows » 9. September 2015 20:53
you have been searching on here too eh? lol
Game Master

Game Master
Device / OS:
OnePlus One
Unread post Re: Galaxy on Fire 3: Manticore Rising by Gigiga » 9. September 2015 21:05
Everybody is searching for News :wink:
Herring

Herring
Unread post Re: Galaxy on Fire 3: Manticore Rising by Brows » 9. September 2015 21:27
looking forward to playing this on the big screen for the new apple tv
Attachments:
Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 1.25.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 1.25.01 PM.png (1.88 MiB) Viewed 2270 times
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
iPhone 6+ iOS8
Unread post Re: Galaxy on Fire 3: Manticore Rising by tekcor » 9. September 2015 21:41
Brows wrote:looking forward to playing this on the big screen for the new apple tv

The game was glorious on Mac+PC in the rare moments when they were updated with DLC packs. Still infuriating that you can buy GoF2 on Steam, but it has none of the expansion content. The Mac version always lagged significantly behind the mobile versions, making cross-play often impossible.

It'll probably be single-player only. While I loved GoF2, I've had enough rehashing of this same game concept. I've been doing it since Escape Velocity. It's fun and all, but this is probably just another game doing the same thing. Plus we have Everspace to consider, and both will need to compete against Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen. Both of those I'm more likely to play with my friends instead of the same old single-player space adventure we've seen over and over and over again.
Herring

Herring
Unread post Re: Galaxy on Fire 3: Manticore Rising by Brows » 9. September 2015 22:04
yes i will definitely agree about the infuriating parts. Not only can you buy it on steam and not get the add on content but its still available on the apple app store for OS X, With it showing the add on packs that can be bought but what it won't tell you is that if you are running the current operating system it won't let you access the add ons in the game to buy them. So after you purchase the game your stuck. I have had numerous tickets and forum threads about that and there have been no answers what so ever from fishlabs. It does work for you if you are not running yosemite or beyond.

as for single player that wouldn't bother me but i have hopes that maybe it might be multiplayer based off some some hints and demos that they showed in the apple event with other games. There could be some way of making that work. And even if it is single player I enjoy a good story line and the ability of a 5 min here or there type of game as well that multiplayer games don't often lean towards.

I have elite dangerous and it is one that I was driven to exactly for the reason of Fishlabs ignoring problems that they could have fixed fairly easily rather than ignoring their paying customers. for that reason i am hesitant to get into the possible new game from them but I'll admit that I do still long for another game like the originals.
Tuna

Tuna
Device / OS:
iPhone 6+ iOS8
Unread post Re: Galaxy on Fire 3: Manticore Rising by tekcor » 9. September 2015 22:51
Yep, the other thread pretty much confirms single-player. It says "share gameplay experiences with other players using integrated social features" which is marketing speak for posting "I just killed a glorp in a gloob" on Facebook.
Plankton

Plankton
Unread post Re: Galaxy on Fire 3: Manticore Rising by gatsby101 » 10. September 2015 23:17
It's easy to understand how developers strive to meet the needs of players across the gaming spectrum in order to have success. However, I still really enjoy single player games. These guys lost me when the franchise went F2P (A.K.A. pay to win) with Alliances and it really left a sad feeling about the demise of a game I spent countless hours enjoying. I was excited to hear about Everspace, but am head of heels enthusiastic about this coming game that returns the franchise to its roots. SO Excited!!

Just please keep the extra $$ to expansions and not parsed out like a dangling carrot every time you play. All those "click here to buy an instant upgrade" teasers just feel like a gross
Shrimp

Shrimp
They totally need to add the feature so you can walk around when you land at the space dock and so you can have real person fights, like in the space lounge and stuff like that. Then for select planets and moons and such pretaining to the story and such so you can land and their would be a certain amount of story gameplay/freelancing you do on the planet. Even if they didn't give the feature for planet, at least do it for the space dock. It would add SOOOO much depth. It's ok if they didn't add the feature right away,they could at least add it in an update later.

Please respond and tell me what the rest of you on this forum think of this idea.

Thanks Image